Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gisa sphinx as a father of fear
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranoferhotep wrote:
C7, we are discussing broad themes here on E.D., and sometimes we ask a certain question in a certain tread. I’m aware that it is better to start a new tread, and when necessary I do so. The administrator Kevin and moderators, like Anneke are following all off our conversations, and if they think we go too far they will interfere.

But if you may post something like
“Very well! You wrote something very important in my opinion.
Now time for conlusions.
What conclusions can you draw from your simple observation?”

Which is in my eyes very disrespectful to another member here, I guess I may ask something about crocodiles, I posted this question on the remark of our esteemed member Toth, who was joking around again, “Like talking crocodiles?” And thanks to Neseret, we all learned something more.

Indeed we cover a wide range of topics here (how to blame Toth for instance Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ) and Ranoferhotep and I are paticularly good in it. But to Ranoferhotep I must say that it also depends on your own mood, and if you're tired, or not. Because (and i am TIRED right now) if Cairo7 wrote the above quote, I don't see anything wrong in it, as you can see in my reply. I just showed him the road back. And to Cairo7 I want say so shall we go back to the original topic( Abu el hol, father of fear (and terror)?? If my memory doesn't fail me.)

But indeed, thanks to Neseret we learned that crocodiles indeed communicate, which is interesting to say the least.

Richard, aka
[i][b][color=#0080FF]Toth[/color][/b][/i]
Ranoferhotep
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always Toth, when you are not joking around, you are wise. However, if I may state, C7 likes more the “fringe theories”, may I suggest you read the post from the beginning, and the answers we got from C7.
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranoferhotep wrote:
As always Toth, when you are not joking around, you are wise. However, if I may state, C7 likes more the “fringe theories”, may I suggest you read the post from the beginning, and the answers we got from C7.

OK, Ranoferhotep, so he did, but a human can turn on his/her steps and take a different road, and as far as C7, I am sure he did; he has a good working brain which he uses to question things, and isn't that what makes the foundation for research? I think it does.

OMGR (R=Ra), this is the second time someone calls me "wise" today; I must becareful, or soon I will be known as "Toth, the wizard of Oz" and I dont know if I would like that Laughing
Ranoferhotep
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OK, Ranoferhotep, so he did, but a human can turn on his/her steps and take a different road, and as far as C7, I am sure he did; he has a good working brain which he uses to question things, and isn't that what makes the foundation for research?

You certainly are a wise man Toth. Who are we to judge?
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranoferhotep wrote:
Quote:
OK, Ranoferhotep, so he did, but a human can turn on his/her steps and take a different road, and as far as C7, I am sure he did; he has a good working brain which he uses to question things, and isn't that what makes the foundation for research?

You certainly are a wise man Toth. Who are we to judge?

Ask Anubis, then come to me Laughing
cairoseven
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Hello today,

I am comming back in spite of many bad opinions about me. Beneath I am citing only SOME of them:

Quote:
But if you may post something like
“Very well! You wrote something very important in my opinion.
Now time for conlusions.
What conclusions can you draw from your simple observation?”

Which is in my eyes very disrespectful to another member here

Quote:
And to Cairo7 I want say so shall we go back to the original topic

Quote:
However, if I may state, C7 likes more the “fringe theories”, may I suggest you read the post from the beginning, and the answers we got from C7.

They all sound like YOU ARE BORING (at least!!!).
Or what on earth are you driving at? Rather back - what for?
No - is my answer.
Look (you all horrible people) at the begining of this thread.
SPHINX as a FATHER OF FEAR.
But we still don't know who is sphinx! An animal, god or ...a man?

Where is the answer about FATHER OF FEAR. It is Arabic name for sphinx.
AEs didn't invent it. What did it symbolise to EAs? Power? A pharaon?
Was sphinx a saint animal or god?
You don't know answers for these questions. Or when and WHY AE gods got ANIMAL faces. Do you know such answers? Did the get them in order to feel fear in front of them or what?

And the most important question - what do you know about ANCH?
Cause in my opinion it is the answer for MANY questions about saint animals and gods in AE. And I cannot see ANYWHERE here a single word about what is anch (or rather what it used to be).
Rolling Eyes
cairoseven

Idea
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't like it here, then do not come back.

Rambling posts like that will be removed and further antagonistic behavior will lead to a ban.
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anneke wrote:
If you don't like it here, then do not come back.

Rambling posts like that will be removed and further antagonistic behavior will lead to a ban.

Thank you, Anneke. Perhaps I can reach him and clear some issues:

1. C7, perhaps you didn't notice, but you are in the Sphinx part of the forum, you want to know its Arabic name? go to the ED forum index and look up the Sphinx board, it says in the sub title Discuss Abu el-hol, the Great Sphinx at Giza, what do you think Abu el-hol means
  2. We were not "commanding" you back if that is what you think, we were asking, suggesting to return to our original topic
  3. The comment on the posts you mentioned have been discussed by Me and Ranoferhotep, I don't feel the need to start all that over
  4. Despite what you think, there are no horrible, no bad people here, just people with interest in Ancient Egypt; and if you share that interest then you are more than welcome.
  5. Funny that you only quoted the so called bad things that were supposedly said about you, but conveniently forget the positive things that were said about you.
  6. now can we let bygone be bygone and return to our original topic?

Richard, aka
cairoseven
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Hello again,

I don't try to sound antagonistic. I simply also think upon many issues - for example who and why called Great Sphinx Father of Fear and what to do with this name - care or don't care about it while trying to understand Great Sphinx. So today (August 2010) I think this name can be rejected when people search for the truth about Sphinx. Maybe someone else has different opinion? I think - whatever roots of great Sphinx are - it surely must have been built from something smaller. I mean a big sphinx has been composed including some HISTORICAL pieces that meant... what?
I even had an idea that they were kind of altar. Today I think they must have been kind of monument for all people eaten by ...lions.
Yes by lions who were everywhere in Egypt in time when Sahara was a huge grassland. Any sandy Sahara desert at all.
Why and when crocodile became saint animal number 1 I don't know.
Maybe its meaning increased after time of Moses when Nile became red as first thing to force EAs to make Jews free. All river red. I know very little about it. Sahara was slowly becoming a real desert then, so no lions -crocodiles took their place. Why lions became saint at all? They were able to kill a man and they were doing it in a very ...spectacular way.
I think this is how cult of saint animals in AE was started.
I think it also happened cause AE priests werenot what they should be.
I mean they werenot quite sure what do they live for. Such things.
?
I am not quite sure I am right. I would have to read more.
I think, however, I don't deserve for banning me for my own thread Sad

Anyway, thanks in advance for not banning me because of this reason,
cairoseven
cairoseven
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

ps. Today I think I thought too much about SPHINX as a father of fear.
I don't know still why Arabic people called it like that. Maybe it is kind of destination or what? Not to ruin it? Such things. Today I think I became too obsessed with this idea. Though whole area (around Sphinx) seems to be rather gloomy place indeed. Specially when we take into account that some library and magician books can be found under it. Maybe some nations can smell something more than others? Such things. But leaving Sphinx untouched, I mean leaving this great Egyptian lion untouched, cannot make anything bad to anyone. Maybe this name (father of fear) was just a kind of warning, red light in order to keep whole place untouched? Who knows?
Idea
cairoseven
ps. anyway no secret chamber under sphinx have been dug out till today.
so we don't know if any Sphinx curse can be met there or who knows what?
ps2. I also think there are only few mentions about AE cult of saint animals cause in fact people felt they were doing something...wrong worshipping animals. At the same time priests must also have been not sure what do they do and thus all cult of animals was rather a silent thing.
To make people more confident mysterious and invisible gods were given animal heads and that worked! At least to some time...
Rolling Eyes
?

cairoseven
Ranoferhotep
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Specially when we take into account that some library and magician books can be found under it

Quote:
ps. anyway no secret chamber under sphinx have been dug out till today.

The area around and UNDER the sphinx has been extensively excavated the past last years, and they found….

A small tunnel at the back of the sphinx. Nothing more, nothing less
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is some reading material about the sphinx. It is a trustworthy site (if I’m wrong, other members may correct me)

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/sphinx1.htm
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Hi,
Quote:
The area around and UNDER the sphinx has been extensively excavated the past last years, and they found….

I think - you want you can! Such things. Noone wants, nothing is discovered. I think some small robots should be used there or what.
Once I saw a man who was looking for spiders. He had a very little car/robot to dig deep in the earth. How ingenious he was! You can also dig very thin hole deep into the earth like you dig when you want to find underground water. There are many possibilities to know more in 2010.

Thanks for link about sphinx. I will read it for sure.

c7
Ranoferhotep
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

cairoseven wrote:
Hi,
Quote:

I think - you want you can! Such things. Noone wants, nothing is discovered. I think some small robots should be used there or what.
Once I saw a man who was looking for spiders. He had a very little car/robot to dig deep in the earth. How ingenious he was! You can also dig very thin hole deep into the earth like you dig when you want to find underground water. There are many possibilities to know more in 2010.

Thanks for link about sphinx. I will read it for sure.

c7

Sorry to disappoint you in that, archeologist working together with scientist, used all modern excavating methods known at this moment. And they found nothing under the sphinx, just solid rock. Don’t forget the Gizeh plateau is an very ancient rock formation, formed millions of years before civilization, and conveniently for the ancient rulers of Egypt, a very solid and good base to build their pyramids.
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So nothing has been dug from underneath the Sphinx? Perhaps because there is nothing to dig out from underneath it?

Then I wonder what you think of as a "saint-animal"? Sekhmet, Bast(et), Toth Sobek, Ammit..? If we take the "monotheistic" christian church as an example; when I look at their legions of saints, worshiped and all, I see in fact legions of sub-ordinate deities who are - like the gods of ancient Egypt - active in various fields. So, what is a "saint-animal" to you, may be a deity (of a lower rank, perhaps) to others.

Richard, aka
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Sphinx All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: