Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gisa sphinx as a father of fear
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cairoseven
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Hi,

Quote:
And they found nothing under the sphinx, just solid rock.

Maybe the searchers should have made more deep, thin holes around whole area? I wouldnot have given up so quickly after all. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
when I look at their legions of saints, worshiped and all, I see in fact legions of sub-ordinate deities who are - like the gods of ancient Egypt - active in various fields. So, what is a "saint-animal" to you, may be a deity (of a lower rank, perhaps) to others.

It is not the same! Doth saint people have some values. They had to be ABOVE animal level to be saint. What had to do saint animals to be saint? Nothing. You cannot compare these two things. I think whole problem is quite different . It is called TO BE SEEN and NOT BE SEEN. I think EAs needed to see everything. They were very much about senses. Who was able to see gods? Noone. And animals? They were everywhere. It was more important than personal qualities in my opinion. Besides they didn't write much. Just few things and very little about personalities. Greeks were quite different. I think AEs cared very much about their state and didnot like thinking much. They were about eyes, ears, touch. Not about any great philosophy or what. Power, posiition, obedience, senses - all.
Greeks were different. All in this world is about power but some people like thinking more (for example ancient Greeks) whereas other nations seem to prefer not to think too much (for example Ancient Egyptians).
Idea
Making a long story short I would recommend to AEs giving human traits to their gods instead of making them animals. That's all.

All the best,
c7
Ranoferhotep
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe the searchers should have made more deep, thin holes around whole area? I wouldnot have given up so quickly after all.

And who told you they gave up to quickly, they didnít dig or drilled deep enough?

Quote:
Making a long story short I would recommend to AEs giving human traits to their gods instead of making them animals. That's all.

And where did you read that A.E. Godís didnít have human traits?
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

cairoseven wrote:
Hi,

Quote:
And they found nothing under the sphinx, just solid rock.

Maybe the searchers should have made more deep, thin holes around whole area? I wouldnot have given up so quickly after all. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
when I look at their legions of saints, worshiped and all, I see in fact legions of sub-ordinate deities who are - like the gods of ancient Egypt - active in various fields. So, what is a "saint-animal" to you, may be a deity (of a lower rank, perhaps) to others.

It is not the same! Doth saint people have some values. They had to be ABOVE animal level to be saint. What had to do saint animals to be saint? Nothing. You cannot compare these two things. I think whole problem is quite different . It is called TO BE SEEN and NOT BE SEEN. I think EAs needed to see everything. They were very much about senses. Who was able to see gods? Noone. And animals? They were everywhere. It was more important than personal qualities in my opinion. Besides they didn't write much. Just few things and very little about personalities. Greeks were quite different. I think AEs cared very much about their state and didnot like thinking much. They were about eyes, ears, touch. Not about any great philosophy or what. Power, posiition, obedience, senses - all.
Greeks were different. All in this world is about power but some people like thinking more (for example ancient Greeks) whereas other nations seem to prefer not to think too much (for example Ancient Egyptians).
Idea

All the best,
c7

In that case I'd suggest you go back and tell them and perhaps they will make you acquainted with one of their god, Sobek, Ammit, Bast in her Cat-form; if I were an Ancient Egyptian, I wouldn't like it someone from outside (a stranger) come and tell me what we should do and don't with our deities. Remember Ankhenaten.

About the Sphinx research: Those cost money, having an expedition there easily could cost $10,000.00 to $ 25,000 a month neither you, nor I can afford to keep an expedition out there.

Digging tiny holes sounds great, but each and every one of them is a potential excavation and has to be authorized by the SCA, and what if your robot finds hard rock after 30 feet? Then what? Things are sometimes not as simple they may look.

Have a great day!

Richard
[i][b][color=#0080FF]Toth[/color][/b][/i]
Ranoferhotep
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Digging tiny holes sounds great, but each and every one of them is a potential excavation and has to be authorized by the SCA, and what if your robot finds hard rock after 30 feet? Then what? Things are sometimes not as simple they may look.

There has been such an excavation and even under supervision of Z.H.
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Hello,

Quote:
And who told you they gave up to quickly, they didnít dig or drilled deep enough?

Quote:
what if your robot finds hard rock after 30 feet? Then what? Things are sometimes not as simple they may look.

it is not my business/job but I think you should know if there are any GEOLOGICAL MAPS of the exact area (sphinx and its close neighbourhood). Have you seen any to be sure that there is NOTHING under the earth. I need to have detailed maps. These days there are plenty machines to make me sure about it (I am sure). Only noone has any business in it. However, when it is a truth (nothing under sphinx) why some people are thinking that there is something there? Some oficial documents should be presented I think.

Quote:
And where did you read that A.E. Godís didnít have human traits?

I didn't read anything like that. I will ask different way - where did you read that gods have ANY human traits? Greek gods but egiptian?
As smart as fox, as wise as owl, as strong as lion. Can you see any human traits in it?

Ok. That's all in the meantime. I am dissapearing for some time again. One day, however, I am comming here back to know what...new (human?) was discovered in sphinx statue since my last visit on egyptiandreams.com. forum.

Cheers,
c7
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

cairoseven wrote:
Hello,

Quote:
And who told you they gave up to quickly, they didn’t dig or drilled deep enough?

Quote:
what if your robot finds hard rock after 30 feet? Then what? Things are sometimes not as simple they may look.

it is not my business/job but I think you should know if there are any GEOLOGICAL MAPS of the exact area (sphinx and its close neighbourhood). Have you seen any to be sure that there is NOTHING under the earth. I need to have detailed maps. These days there are plenty machines to make me sure about it (I am sure). Only noone has any business in it. However, when it is a truth (nothing under sphinx) why some people are thinking that there is something there? Some oficial documents should be presented I think.

Quote:
And where did you read that A.E. God’s didn’t have human traits?

I didn't read anything like that. I will ask different way - where did you read that gods have ANY human traits? Greek gods but egiptian?
As smart as fox, as wise as owl, as strong as lion. Can you see any human traits in it?

Ok. That's all in the meantime. I am dissapearing for some time again. One day, however, I am comming here back to know what...new (human?) was discovered in sphinx statue since my last visit on egyptiandreams.com. forum.

Cheers,
c7

Quote the next time with the name of the person you're quoting, saves a lot of time!

About those geological maps, any links to on-line versions of the ones dealing with the Giza Plateau from recent times (no 18xx maps please)?

Have you seen recent geological maps from the area? If not how do you came to your idea that the even MIGHT be a hollow space underneath the Sphinx, AFAIC that is only a fringe theory. BTW: nothing of the kind of official documents has to be presented to prove something there If you want to prove such a fringe theory it is you who needs to prove it, not the other way around.

As for the "human traits" of the gods, may I point your attention to some Books on mythology, the stories - besides quite amusing at times - also may give you the information you are looking for! BTW: I wouldn't call an owl wise, I have seen stories in Mythology that would prove different. The owl became the symbol of wisdom through the Greek, and where they picked up that idea still is a mystery of history. The other "human traits": In what mythology is a fox a god? Most of these traits came to us in the form of fables. I would suggest a study of the origins of mythology through a few Gymnasium-level books.

That is my answer for the time being. Good Luck with your study, and when done with Mythology, try some of the Egyptology threads here, they are quite informative.

Richard, aka
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isis shows deep love for her husband and is very protective of her son Horus. Seems pretty human?

LOL Sekhmet goes on a rampage, but is able to be distracted by alcohol.

And Taweret even though she looks like a Hippo is protective towards women.

I think we can go on and on. I think there are lots of human traits in the gods and goddesses.

Just enough human traits to keep some connection, but different enough to reinforce they are deities?
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anneke wrote:
Isis shows deep love for her husband and is very protective of her son Horus. Seems pretty human?

LOL Sekhmet goes on a rampage, but is able to be distracted by alcohol.

And Taweret even though she looks like a Hippo is protective towards women.

I think we can go on and on. I think there are lots of human traits in the gods and goddesses.

Just enough human traits to keep some connection, but different enough to reinforce they are deities?

How in the gods name I could forget about Isis, Osiris and Horus. Idea Idea

You are calling Sekhmet going for the destruction of Humanity after being made drunk by Ra a "human trait"?

My local representative of Bast is also very caring, but I would call that more an "divine trait" rather than being a "human trait". So the jury is still out on whether Taweret is really displaying a human trait Laughing
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL No, I'm saying that Sekhmet went on a rampage, but her love of "mood altering substances" distracted her. I guess it means she was not a mean drunk, but more like one who drinks themselves into a stupor.

"I would go and kill some innocents, but I'm too drunk to get off the couch..."
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anneke wrote:
LOL No, I'm saying that Sekhmet went on a rampage, but her love of "mood altering substances" distracted her. I guess it means she was not a mean drunk, but more like one who drinks themselves into a stupor.

Wasn't it that Ra saw what she had - almost - done and became merciful and send another god to distract he with blood colored water Idea

Richard
Ranoferhotep
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toth wrote:
anneke wrote:

Wasn't it that Ra saw what she had - almost - done and became merciful and send another god to distract he with blood colored water Idea

Richard

It was Ra who not only became merciful, but also had regret of His decision. Talking about a human trait.
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranoferhotep wrote:
Toth wrote:
anneke wrote:

Richard

It was Ra who not only became merciful, but also had regret of His decision. Talking about a human trait.

A lot of "hoteps" these days (hathorhothep, Ranoferhotep, Osirishotep) I wonder when there will be an ":isishotep.

Hey Ranoferhotep

Back from the little excursion? Yes even the Sungod isn't free of human trait, or should we say even Humans are not free of "divine traits" Idea Idea

There are a number of interesting posts, so I better not keep you from reading them

Richard
Ranoferhotep
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Tot, yes Iím back, missed you all Smile
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranoferhotep wrote:
Thank you Tot, yes I’m back, missed you all Smile

Believe you immediately Laughing
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranoferhotep wrote:
Thank you Tot, yes I’m back, missed you all Smile

Yeah sure, you even don't know my name anymore after just a day of absence; I think you should be "renamed": "Ran over Hotep"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Sphinx All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: