Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cleopatra in the world of Jesus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starguard
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Cleopatra in the world of Jesus Reply with quote

I've been sitting here thinking about her, and the though arose:

Seeing that she Died in 31 BC and never had the chance to meet Jesus, what do you think would have happened if Jesus had been born 50 years earlier,and the two of them had actually met.

Seeing that she believed herself to be a Goddess in her own right, and Jesus stating that he is the true son of God, can you imagine what their conversation would have been like if they came face to face with each other? Shocked
Styler78
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible opposing religious views. Cleopatra had a wealthy background and Jesus a poor one. They may not have had a great deal in common.

Saying that they may have been able to find some common ground in conversation and may even have had shared visions of a better future.

Cleopatra seems very popular at the moment on this site. Maybe Derek Arcorah can help Laughing

I jest, of course......

http://styler78hatshepsutproject.blogspot.com/

anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styler78 wrote:
Maybe Derek Arcorah can help Laughing

I jest, of course......

Laughing He would manage to get possessed no doubt. Or at the very least "overcome". But the shows are rather amusing. Paranormal Egypt was a hoot.
Styler78
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anneke wrote:
Quote:
Laughing He would manage to get possessed no doubt. Or at the very least "overcome".

He would be "overcome" by just about anyone and everything!

Strangely- they would all have the same accent and would give vague speeches about stuff that would have Derek run to the hills, blaming bad spirits... Laughing

Would be interesting if Smenkhare, Khufu or Akhenaten turned up- we'd all have a few questions for them....lol

kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can picture him channeling Zahi Hawass: "I can smell mummies!"

Oh, wait, Hawass is still alive. Yes, it would be handy for Arcorah to be possessed by Akhenaten, Nefertiti, Smenkhkare, and Tutankhamun all at the same time. We could finally get all the details on those nagging succession mysteries. It would make Aidan Dodson's day.

Sadly I missed Paranormal Egypt. I understand it was quite, um, entertaining. Razz

Visit my blog!
Naunacht
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmt_sesh wrote:
I can picture him channeling Zahi Hawass: "I can smell mummies!"

Oh, wait, Hawass is still alive. Yes, it would be handy for Arcorah to be possessed by Akhenaten, Nefertiti, Smenkhkare, and Tutankhamun all at the same time. We could finally get all the details on those nagging succession mysteries. It would make Aidan Dodson's day.

Sadly I missed Paranormal Egypt. I understand it was quite, um, entertaining. Razz

Hey, kmt_sesh, I may have some good news for you, unless they've taken them down, some of the episodes were up on You Tube. And yes, they are hilarious. The Hatshepsut episode, especially the scenes in the mummy room at the Cairo museum were a riot--how these people got the access that they did is mind boggling.

My favorite line "THUTMOSE, IS THAT YOU?"
Osiris II
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back from a visit to youtube to watch "paranormal Egypt". After watching episode 1 for 10 minute, I turned it off! What a crock!! They started to lose me when, at first, they were talking about Thotmos III, and then switched to Rameses III and his assasination with nary a mention of the change! Entertainment? I guess so. Laughable I would call it!!
Styler78
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are serious about learning about the Ancient Egyptians, then life is too short for things like "Paranormal Egypt".

It may well be a good distraction, but personally i have wasted many hours watching things about Ancient Egypt that left me less informed than i was before.

keep clear, unless you have time on your hands. And in any case- how did Mr Arcorah get permission to go anywhere near Ancient Pharaohs? I am sure that it didn't have anything to do with free publicity for Dr Hawass - as that is not like him.....at all.....

Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: