Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The other KV35 mummy. Who is it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karnsculpture
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have there been any new developments relating to this mummy?
Ikon
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing as his DNA results have still not been released. All we ever will know is who he is related to, and his name will always remain as speculation. In 38 years of rule it's not impossible that Amunhotep II had more then two sons, and that Akhenaten in 17 years may have had more than one. Also still no expert analysis on how he might have received such severe internal injuries, or of that of the Younger Lady come to that. It's like a black hole that no experts want to even consider, at least in public.
karnsculpture
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itís frustrating. I hope that the wealth of material from KV40 can also be published as that looks quite promising in terms of information about the harems of Tuthmose IV and Amenhotep III.

https://www.academia.edu/15574493/KV_40_a_burial_place_for_the_royal_entourage
Ikon
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we still have a while to wait before we see a comprehensive report. What's really frustrating is that KV40, like KV21, TA26 and other tombs, while ransacked in antiquity, were completely trashed in modern times at the end of the 19th Century.

It's probably not the done thing to point to other forums, but while the Amarna threads here are silent, to say the least, an extraordinary thread, 716 pages long now, exits here
https://historum.com/threads/akhenaten-box-carter-archive-001k.124711/

A deal of the content is "odd" at times, but not all, and recently Marianne Luban has joined the discussion, with her take on the matter.
Ayrton
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, this thread is only available for reference as it has been closed being too expansive in its conversations about the Amarna Period. It is sad as I started it and for long a very few pursued all sorts of ideas generally freelf rancour and full of thoughts and questioning. As more people became aware of the thread, the same old same olds started to occur. Those who knew that answers (Luban mainly) took the inquiring vibe out of the thread and filled it with pronouncements, and insults, basically, if one was keen to explore ideas, that were not to her taste, and not just be told answers up on high. It put many dedicated and friendly open minded people off being on the thread anymore. I know this from private messages. Sad.

It was the same kind of thing that put me off this forum a few years back, incidentally Maybe things have improved? Perhaps itís time to take another walk around here, lol
Ikon
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking "Another walk around around here" may be a good option....

Seeing the Carter Box 001 thread closed and with no subforum for Amarna, or even ancient Egypt, and how can they not have this if they want to be seen as serious, means that "spin offs" from that thread become lost amongst all manner of totally non related, and non Egyptian threads.

I'll declare my interest in stating that I am, or was, Corvidius on that now closed thread.
Ayrton
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I declare I was Ayrton on that thread... though perhaps that will not shock you, my friend, lol.

I just posted a new thread here, but nothing comes up in the title, though I am listed as poster of a blank thread! Shocked

Is there a delay when posting new threads? Idea
Ikon
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of threads, further back on this thread is info posted by me that would interest rymerster, and indeed if they searched the famous box 001k thread would find more info than I posted here about the subject of this thread.
Ayrton
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ikon wrote:
Talking of threads, further back on this thread is info posted by me that would interest rymerster, and indeed if they searched the famous box 001k thread would find more info than I posted here about the subject of this thread.

I trust rymerster must be posting at Historum. Iíll check in later and pass on. 👍
karnsculpture
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Iím on there
Ayrton
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many multi-personalities! 😳
Ayrton
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many multi-personalities! 😳
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: