Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Origins of Ancient Egypt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pre-dynastic Egypt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranoferhotep
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Raia Reply with quote

BobManske wrote:
Pharaoh Hatshepsut wrote:
Well, in the ancient times, it seems that there was an advanced society with extreme advances in technology like we have no idea. then the ice age ended, tons were slaughtered and the few that survived stretched out along the globe, if you look up the interactions between ancient civilizations continents and oceans apart from one another, it talks all about the who idea of the few bits of knowledge that were able to be preserved became distorted over the centuries, turning these people into gods and goddesses. Wink

No it doesn't seem that. There is absolutely zero evidence for any of this "advanced ancient technology" tripe. It has already been debunked time and time and time again. Please stop trying to pass this junk off as real.

The only thing we can hope for here is that the little wink emoticon you included indicates that you were hoping we would see that you were being facetious, but it wasn't quite a good enough indicator for that. So if you were trying to be facetious, it just wasn't funny enough.

Bob

I think or Admin is on holiday. Such posts normally don't last that long here, nor the posters.
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And continually quoting the posts helps how? I've got better things to do than delete a post and it's multitude of quotes in other posts. Rolling Eyes
Ranoferhotep
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies Kevin, it was not my intention to offend you. I won't do it again.
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's really unusual for a civilization to have been unified under one ruler at such an early stage in it's history- with no written records of a time when there were multiple city states existing- Ancient Egypt was unique in that respect- i do find this aspect alone a source of great fascination.

I guess one could say there harsh geography and small population size was in this respect a good thing as it allowed relatively easy conquest of the small stretch of inhabitable landmass along the nile river possible to anyone interested in doing so in the predynastic days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pre-dynastic Egypt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: