Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hawass hopes to find amarna tombs in valley of the monkeys
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hekat wrote:
There hasn't been a huge amount of seismic activity here recently, compared with Aswan for example, but we did have a small one (4.3 from memory) in February this year.

Obviously there are the occasional large ones, like those that cracked the Colossi of Memnon and caused the destruction of some of the temples.

I am happy for you to hear that, nevertheless I wouldn't go all the way in some tombs, the one they think is Akhenaten's tomb being one of them!

Richard
[i][b][color=#0080FF]Toth[/color][/b][/i]
Hekat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visited a totally silent WV yesterday Very Happy ZH has pulled out having gone down to bedrock in several places & digging one enormous blind shaft.

They have cleared the entrance & tunnel at WV25 though & gone right back to the original steps. I learnt yesterday that this was the tomb used as a mock up for Tut's tomb in the BBC TV series. My old photo's showed polystyrene chunks but I didn't realise what they were at the time (the lining for the wall paintings)

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/112743752796606929007/WesternValley#
Sothis
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hekat wrote:
Visited a totally silent WV yesterday Very Happy ZH has pulled out having gone down to bedrock in several places & digging one enormous blind shaft.

They have cleared the entrance & tunnel at WV25 though & gone right back to the original steps. I learnt yesterday that this was the tomb used as a mock up for Tut's tomb in the BBC TV series. My old photo's showed polystyrene chunks but I didn't realise what they were at the time (the lining for the wall paintings)

Looks someone`s quite disappointed know Crying or Very sad
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sothis wrote:
Hekat wrote:

Looks someone`s quite disappointed know Crying or Very sad

Or being happy for the quietness in the WV? I don't think ZH is someone you want to have roaming around in a place you want to have a quiet look around, about the fake Tut tomb and no one was thinking hey where is the side chamber to the burial chamber, or why is that well-shaft here? Either the BBC team filmed very cleverly, or the editor did a very clever cut, in the editing room. So, anyone having an Idea

Richard
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hekat wrote:
... They have cleared the entrance & tunnel at WV25 though & gone right back to the original steps. I learnt yesterday that this was the tomb used as a mock up for Tut's tomb in the BBC TV series. ...

It was in February / March 2005 that I wanted to show some friends of mine "a totally silent WV" ... But what we found was this :

Greetings, Lutz.
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz wrote:
Hekat wrote:
... They have cleared the entrance & tunnel at WV25 though & gone right back to the original steps. I learnt yesterday that this was the tomb used as a mock up for Tut's tomb in the BBC TV series. ...

It was in February / March 2005 that I wanted to show some friends of mine "a totally silent WV" ... But what we found was this :

Greetings, Lutz.

Hi Lutz,

Bit busy for a quiet WV, are they building something out there? A new tomb for someone, for example? Nice car do you have there, all original parts?

Richard
Hekat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you caught the filming then Lutz Rolling Eyes Those walls are made of some of the polystyrene blocks I saw I presume.
How did you put photo's in your post?
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hekat wrote:
I guess you caught the filming then Lutz Rolling Eyes Those walls are made of some of the polystyrene blocks I saw I presume.
How did you put photo's in your post?

That is polystyrene? damned good job, could have fooled me. Those photo's in Lutz' post is easy enough: He had a web site to upload them too, and then link to them with the image tag and the forum does the rest, I will link to my first photo in my own album that way:

The temple in the entrance hall of the Antiquities museum in Leiden, Netherlands RMO

Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: