Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Books on Nubia - why the propaganda?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Nubia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kevininabydos
Scribe
Scribe


Joined: 19 Oct 2010
Posts: 101
Location: Abydos Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranoferhotep wrote:
"Are there any examples of less advanced cultures that overthrew or conquered more advanced cultures?"

The nomadic tribes of Mongolia. They even conquered most of China, a far more advanced civilisation to name but one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toth
Account Suspended


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 1781
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevininabydos wrote:
Ranoferhotep wrote:
"Are there any examples of less advanced cultures that overthrew or conquered more advanced cultures?"

The nomadic tribes of Mongolia. They even conquered most of China, a far more advanced civilisation to name but one.


Kevininabydos, I just wanted to stays closer to his and my home!

Richard, aka
_________________
[img]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/8fc1c47be2.png[/img]
[i][b][color=#0080FF]Toth[/color][/b][/i]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bes
Citizen
Citizen


Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Posts: 32
Location: Taunton, UK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems according to some politically correct activists about every people the British conquered were more advanced than us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toth
Account Suspended


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 1781
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bes wrote:
It seems according to some politically correct activists about every people the British conquered were more advanced than us.


Hello Bes,

I wonder where they got that idea from, certain British may have an advanced sense for culture (foreign), but look at what happens in the UK these days, that is hardly a sign of an advanced culture, sorry folks, but I fear that is the truth. Of course those present here, at the forum, show much understanding for foreign cultures and the one from Kemet in particular Exclamation Exclamation Smile

Richard, aka
_________________
[img]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/8fc1c47be2.png[/img]
[i][b][color=#0080FF]Toth[/color][/b][/i]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Robson
Priest
Priest


Joined: 08 Jun 2006
Posts: 985
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthropologically speaking there's no such things like "more advanced" or "more backward" cultures. In terms of degree a society can be more or less economic or technologically advanced than others and that's all. Despite the economic and technological difference among them the culture of XIXth century Australian indigenous peoples and that of the Brits in the same period were in the same level of development. And it is not a political correctness assumption.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Toth
Account Suspended


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 1781
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robson wrote:
Anthropologically speaking there's no such things like "more advanced" or "more backward" cultures. In terms of degree a society can be more or less economic or technologically advanced than others and that's all. Despite the economic and technological difference among them the culture of XIXth century Australian indigenous peoples and that of the Brits in the same period were in the same level of development. And it is not a political correctness assumption.


To some extend true, but I was referring to what is happening in the UK now; and making fun in public (more specific: Before the press) about people small of posture doesn't show much cultural development IMO, in particular when this is done by the PM about his Minister of Sports!

Richard, aka
_________________
[img]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/8fc1c47be2.png[/img]
[i][b][color=#0080FF]Toth[/color][/b][/i]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Robson
Priest
Priest


Joined: 08 Jun 2006
Posts: 985
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it doesn't have to do to any culture of sorts, but just with the plain old human stupidity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Toth
Account Suspended


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 1781
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robson wrote:
I think it doesn't have to do to any culture of sorts, but just with the plain old human stupidity.


Robson, you may be hitting the nail on the head, perhaps that is exactly what we usually think is hiding behind the name "culture"

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Richard
_________________
[img]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/8fc1c47be2.png[/img]
[i][b][color=#0080FF]Toth[/color][/b][/i]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Nubia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group