Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whats open in Egypt
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axenabdw
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the worst thing I ever heard.Not being able to take pictures of the surrounding valley.Its like our governments.They take things to far,and spoil peoples enjoyment of things.Perhaps its just not worth the risk or lossing all the photos on my memory card.thanks to all who replied
Hekat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it is a great shame, I was certainly shocked the when the new rules came in.

The problem is largely that people always push the limits. When the rule permitted cameras but "no flash photography" in the tombs tourists still took flash, so cameras were then banned from the tombs but allowed in the Valley. People smuggled them in & took photo's in the tombs, so now the result is no cameras & that puts a stop to it altogether. I guess mobile phones will be next!
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hekat wrote:
I agree it is a great shame, I was certainly shocked the when the new rules came in.

The problem is largely that people always push the limits. When the rule permitted cameras but "no flash photography" in the tombs tourists still took flash, so cameras were then banned from the tombs but allowed in the Valley. People smuggled them in & took photo's in the tombs, so now the result is no cameras & that puts a stop to it altogether. I guess mobile phones will be next!

That would make sense, given all the 'whistles and bells' built into cell phones nowadays, until something serious happens I guess, when cell phones are very handy for communication. I wonder when these "tourists" will introduce those highly sensitive Leica spy camera's Wink IOW I think they won't ever learn!

Richard,
[i][b][color=#0080FF]Toth[/color][/b][/i]
kevininabydos
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mobile phones have not been allowed to be taken into Tutankhamun's tomb for some time.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevininabydos wrote:
Mobile phones have not been allowed to be taken into Tutankhamun's tomb for some time.

I was in the Valley on 13th of November. Officially it was not allowed to take mobile phone inside the tombs. They did not control but next to the sign with the crossed out camera on every entrance of each tomb they have now also a crossed out mobile ... Rolling Eyes

Lutz
Priest of Hekat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no phone signal in the valley anyway...well there wasn't a couple of years ago when I tried to call a taxi driver to collect us Sad

My phone is only a phone...nothing else, and I switch it off when we are tomb visiting.
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Priest of Hekat wrote:
There is no phone signal in the valley anyway...well there wasn't a couple of years ago when I tried to call a taxi driver to collect us Sad

My phone is only a phone...nothing else, and I switch it off when we are tomb visiting.
Let's hope that will be sufficient, Priest of Hekat, from what I read in Lutz's posts it might not be. Keep us informed, will you?

Richard
[i][b][color=#0080FF]Toth[/color][/b][/i]
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Priest of Hekat wrote:
There is no phone signal in the valley anyway...well there wasn't a couple of years ago when I tried to call a taxi driver ...

Outside the tombs there is. I have two numbers, an Egyptian and a German, both work there ...

Lutz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Travel All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: