Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Antikythera Mechanism

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calypsos
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Antikythera Mechanism Reply with quote

I know this isn't Egyptian. But what do you think of this? It goes with my theory that once in a time long long ago that humans were technologically much more evolved than we now ever want to admit to.
Hekat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating, I have to admit I have never heard of it. Will be interesting to see what comes out of the April symposium
http://www.antikythera-mechanism.gr/project/overview
dzama923
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems like there is ample evidence to suggest that it was not so difficult to make. The two great feats of engineering used in the machine are the gears, and the tracking of the motion of the stars and moon and planets. The gears are simple metallurgy using a compass to divide the teeth into equal parts, 60,12 etc. The tracking of the orbits of planets and stars just takes observation of time. Things that could be done a long time ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: