Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

upcoming movies about egypt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are such silly prudes nowadays. Homo-erotica was simply a part of the Greek culture, though I don't know if incest was anymore common there than it was anywhere else. When I hear people complain about such things, I shake my head at them. It's ridiculous. I saw the movie and loved it. I thought the sexual parts were done very tastefully. I know I wouldn't pass up the chance to kiss Angelina Jolie! Very Happy

I've never heard of that movie you mentioned, isisinacrisis. It's altogether possible that such a film was made, though. Especially after the discovery of Tut's tomb in 1922, early film makers churned out countless truly silly and awful movies about ancient Egypt.
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the movie was that old-it was in technicolour by the looks of things...even if it is silly, I'd still like to see it for a laugh, that's always good Very Happy

I'm still unsure as to whether or not to see Alexander. 3 hours is looooong but then again LOTR was that long too and I liked that. I saw a review of it-it was given one star!!! But another review said that visually it is awesome.

And another thing-my mum thinks I look like a younger Angelina Jolie Wink
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander is now a swear word on this board as I didn't get invited to the London Premier last night Crying or Very sad
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry they snubbed you, Kevin. How rude! Mad

Henceforth, whenever we wish to speak of Alexander on Egyptian Dreams, we shall write his name as @*!#*%@$!
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmt_sesh wrote:
Sorry they snubbed you, Kevin. How rude! Mad
To say I'm gutted would be an understatement. I've given them over 1.5 million visitors worth of free advertising over the last 12 months, they've promised me exclusives without delivering and basically taken advantage. Not impressed Evil or Very Mad

Sorry - I don't mean to spoil this thread but Alexander is now a touchy subject for me Crying or Very sad
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're feelings are understandable. I'd be furious myself.

To be honest, though Colin Farrell was terrific as Alexander, the thing I most loved about the movie was that it was told from the perspective of Ptolemy I Soter, who was played by Sir Anthony Hopkins--one of the greatest actors of our age. It was a treat.

Enjoy the movie for the pleasure of it. The cast is fantastic. Don't let those snobbish, back-stabbing prima donnas ruin it for you.
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd update you and let you know about this...

You know in this thread you were discussing the Nefertiti movie? Well, i was reading in Time Out today that they are writing a script for it, and the lead role will be played by...wait for it...Halle Berry! Its funny because I always thought she'd be good in an Egyptian movie, although I thought she would play Hashepsut rather than Nefertiti. The director is...I can't remember his name but he's the guy who did Finding Neverland, the recent Johnny Depp movie. I don't know if Osman's still involved though, but the movie should start filming next year! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: