Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uploading a photo to avatar.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheErrantWilder
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Uploading a photo to avatar. Reply with quote

I have a photo, it was too big to upload directly so I used a url;

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/Isis077/2001_0401AB.jpg

However when I tried to upload it I got this message;

Quote:

Unable to upload file

DEBUG MODE

Line : 251
File : usercp_avatar.php

Is it still too big?
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Uploading a photo to avatar. Reply with quote

TheErrantWilder wrote:

Quote:

Unable to upload file

DEBUG MODE

Is it still too big?

Hello Wilder,

I think the limit here is 80 by 80 pixels, I think it is a lovely picture, I could try to shrink it, but large pictures can be shrunk "that" much without loosing detail, I'll try and we'll see what the result will be...

to be continued Laughing

Richard
[i][b][color=#0080FF]Toth[/color][/b][/i]
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Uploading a photo to avatar. Reply with quote

Toth wrote:
TheErrantWilder wrote:

Quote:

Unable to upload file

DEBUG MODE

Is it still too big?

Hello Wilder,

I think the limit here is 80 by 80 pixels, I think it is a lovely picture, I could try to shrink it, but large pictures can be shrunk "that" much without loosing detail, I'll try and we'll see what the result will be...

to be continued Laughing

Richard

And here it is (don't try to enlarge it Laughing the result will be horrible Wink

here is the miniature:

The file is now a png, 80 by 60 due to aspect ratio and the file size = 13 KB; this should work
TheErrantWilder
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Toth your a star =D
TheErrantWilder
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Uploading a photo to avatar. Reply with quote

Toth wrote:
Hello Wilder,

to be continued Laughing

Richard

Thanks! It was me in Egypt when I was ten. I look at this photo now and think ahhhh! thats way too close!! Haha.
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheErrantWilder wrote:

Embarassed (blush), It was not much; I tried to upload it to photobucket by FTP, but that didn't work out, so I went to my - more or less - favorite image hosting site, which worked out as you noticed, so... that is you? I love the photo you are so in adoration, devote I'd say of the Isis statue. You must be blessed by her at that occasion! I think Ranoferhotep will have to say a word or two on that. Wink

Richard, aka
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you crop and then resize you get a slightly bigger image:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff121/bart-anneke/avatar.jpg

That is a very cool picture Very Happy
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anneke wrote:
If you crop and then resize you get a slightly bigger image:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff121/bart-anneke/avatar.jpg

That is a very cool picture Very Happy

Thanks, Anneke, I don't understand why the "Wilder avatar is so small, I have uploaded a bigger one (see my example in a previous post)

Richard
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it's may be affected because it was not square??
Just a guess....
TheErrantWilder
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toth wrote:
TheErrantWilder wrote:

Embarassed (blush), It was not much; I tried to upload it to photobucket by FTP, but that didn't work out, so I went to my - more or less - favorite image hosting site, which worked out as you noticed, so... that is you? I love the photo you are so in adoration, devote I'd say of the Isis statue. You must be blessed by her at that occasion! I think Ranoferhotep will have to say a word or two on that. Wink

Richard, aka

Haha! Thank you! It was ten years ago. I went to Egypt with my parents, it was amazing, I had always wanted to go there. I have been obsessed with it since I was younger. Its a shame though that I don't remember the trip much because it was so long ago =[ Going to Egypt again in the future to make up for it =D So that is Isis? She looks....different.
Ranoferhotep
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picture is a bit smal, but I have my doubts this statue presents Isis. I think it is this statue. Horemheb presenting two wine bowl to Atum, the Great Creator, currently in the museum of Luxor.

If you want to enlarge the picture, you best cut away some of the frame, and resize it. Than you can load it up to a free file host service, as long as you have an URL. I believe it is possible to upload from your harddrive also to E.D., I’m not sure about it.
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anneke wrote:
Not sure if it's may be affected because it was not square??
Just a guess....

Probably a good guess, I will keep that in mind (if I don't forget Laughing )

Richard
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranoferhotep wrote:
The picture is a bit smal, but I have my doubts this statue presents Isis. I think it is this statue. Horemheb presenting two wine bowl to Atum, the Great Creator, currently in the museum of Luxor.

If you want to enlarge the picture, you best cut away some of the frame, and resize it. Than you can load it up to a free file host service, as long as you have an URL. I believe it is possible to upload from your harddrive also to E.D., I’m not sure about it.

I don't even have to look at the name of the poster, the three serpents in the signature say enough Laughing Thanks Ranoferhotep, I came to Isis because that was the name of the folder (album) it was stored in. If it was Atum then I'll have to apologize to him! As for uploading to ED, I wouldn't know for avatars, but for files it is a no-go. I asked Kevin about that recently, and received the answer that ED couldn't handle file uploads.Anneke explained what went wrong with my resizing, so Thank you, both I suggest we name the "Wilder picture" according to what you wrote, Ranoferhotep, to "TheErrantWilder praying to Atum, I am sure Horemheb won't mind.

Richard, aka
Ranoferhotep
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toth wrote:
Ranoferhotep wrote:

I don't even have to look at the name of the poster, the three serpents in the signature say enough Laughing Thanks Ranoferhotep, I came to Isis because that was the name of the folder (album) it was stored in. If it was Atum then I'll have to apologize to him! As for uploading to ED, I wouldn't know for avatars, but for files it is a no-go. I asked Kevin about that recently, and received the answer that ED couldn't handle file uploads.Anneke explained what went wrong with my resizing, so Thank you, both I suggest we name the "Wilder picture" according to what you wrote, Ranoferhotep, to "TheErrantWilder praying to Atum, I am sure Horemheb won't mind.

Richard, aka

I guess Horemheb won’t mind, just guessing here, Horemheb wasn’t the most easy one to get along with in his time. And Atum, whom I know very well, as must you Toth as writer of the Gods, will certainly have blessed Wilder.

By the way, afraid of my “three serpents”? I Thought you knew what they stand for.
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranoferhotep wrote:
Toth wrote:
Ranoferhotep wrote:

Richard, aka

I guess Horemheb won’t mind, just guessing here, Horemheb wasn’t the most easy one to get along with in his time. And Atum, whom I know very well, as must you Toth as writer of the Gods, will certainly have blessed Wilder.

By the way, afraid of my “three serpents”? I Thought you knew what they stand for.

Horemheb's years with the gods may have soothed his character, and as for Atum, that is why - even while assuming it was Isis being worshiped - I said that. No Ranoferhotep (you know your name gets easier to type when you deal the largest part of the day with all those Alternative names?) I am not afraid of the three serpents, I remember asking you about them, but you never told me, naughty you Laughing But your signature is the only one having them, and therefore I don't have to look at the writer's name Very Happy

Richard, aka
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Forum Help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: