Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Da Vinci Code
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can get Set back when you become a Queen! Very Happy
I have no idea who to add to my titles when I reach that stage-I pretty much have all the major gods I need!

That's probably the church I mentioned before-the church of St Germain. That's where Saint Sulpice was built. As to whether Saint Germain's church was built over an Isis temple, we may never know. But it's possible (even though the people at the church deny it)
Stewart
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this talk of Isis...

Has anyone read both volumes of Isis Unveiled by Helena Petrova Blavatsky?
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a copy of her works online.
chapter 14 deals with Egypt.

I thought Madame Blavatsky was considered a quack? The story is a string of the more outlandish theories from what I saw by glancing through the page.
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is she one of those Disney Land believers or something?
*reads site*
omg she says the Egyptians come from India and that they are 200000 years old? Yeesh, maybe we should post this in the 'misconceptions' post with all the other kook links? This site is full of outrageous stuff...it even says that the Egyptians/Hebrews/Phoenicians discovered America...I can feel a headache coming on!!! Laughing
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear lord. This person is just wacked. Isisinacrisis is right: put her under the "misconceptions" posts we've been adding to.

I know where I'm putting her web page: In that special folder in my Favorites file that I've labeled "Pyramidiots."
queencleopatra
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the trailer to The Da Vinci Code movie with Tom Hanks and directed by Ron Howard:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/da_vinci_code/

It looks really good but very creepy...I cannot watch those parts where the guy is whipping himself.

Cleopatra's Note
Sesen
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I've been wondering how the making of the movie was going.
Might be worth a look. I like Tom Hanks he's a terrific actor.
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book was fantastic and after reading it I thought it might make a decent movie. The selling point for me is in fact Tom Hanks. Smile

Visit my blog!
kennethhirst
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: davinci code Reply with quote

i read the book some time back and felt that it dwelt far too much on the fields of france,which i must admit i found utterly boring,ihad to skip 75% till i got to the interesting part then it took off,but i dont believe in all that jesus crap any way Very Happy
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i dont believe in all that jesus crap any way

Shhh! Jesus is listening! Surprised

Visit my blog!
kennethhirst
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: books Reply with quote

im reading ancient lives,the story of the pharoes tomb makers,by john romer ,the one you (anbefalt) kmt-sesh and i must admit its hard to put it down,so very gripping,never thought i would stretch my horizens farther than pharoes and gods and godesses and i must admit i wasnt realy interested in how or what the ordanary joe bloggs did,just goes to show what the forum can do to one.love reading all the deep down information and trivialitys from the ancient past where do you dig it all up from and find the time for it all,rozetta-sesan-daniel kmt-sesh,keep up the good work Very Happy Very Happy
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was much the same way years ago, never thought I would find the everyday life of ancient Egypt so interesting, but there you have it. The more I study it the more interested I become. I think it's so enjoyable (for me, anyway) because it puts a true human face on ancient Egypt, rather than viewing it as a collection of ruins and monuments or generic pharaohs and royals. Very Happy

Visit my blog!
sigouk
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Isis Temple in London - altarstone Reply with quote

I carried out a “Psychic search” for the Temple of Isis in London on the 18 April 2008 and visited the Museum of London, near the Barbican, Central London, as part of my search, to see the Isis altarstone much spoken of on this website.
(No I didn’t actually beat the hordes of archeological mega-experts and actually find it – but sometimes the fun is in the searching! Very Happy )
According to numerous other sites this free museum exhibits two important items proving that a Temple of Isis was somewhere in Londinium.
The first is a plain, everyday terracotta jug about one-foot in height that carries a crude and grammatically-incorrect Latin inscription, ‘ Londini Ad Fanum Isidis’ (From London at the Temple of Isis) dated to the latter half of the second century CE found, I understand, in what is now Southwark, close to the Roman road Watling Street, which ran though an area that was then dominated by marshland.
The second clue is that substantial altar stone dedicated to Isis that was discovered in the mid-1970s, dated to the third century which carries a Latin inscription translated as: ‘In tribute, a gift donated by Marcus Martiannius Pulcher, most honourable of men, pro-praetorian legate of the emperor, who restored this temple to Isis, which had collapsed through old age and lay in ruins.’ Good on yer Mark!
After a cold and windy walk I arrived at this facility and asked a member of staff where the altarstone was being shown.
He said: “That’s funny, someone asked me the same question just the other day. I don’t know this exhibit but we have an altar to Mithras in the Roman section. There is also an altar stone dedicated to the hunter goddess Diana”
Big time disappointment.
The jug was there though – miraculously complete though of very low quality and bearing a poorly-scratched inscription that looked like it had been etched yesterday (but what do I know!?).
For the record there were also a 2.5-inch bronze steelyard weight in the form of a bust of Isis with a lotus head dress (Isis is associated with the sacred blue lotus and I always burn lotus joss sticks when praying to Her) and an upright 2-inch bronze Isis Dolente (?) figuring in a pose of mourning (for Osiris I presume).
On April 22 I telephoned Jenny Hall the everso helpful curator of the museum’s Roman section and asked her a few pertinent questions.
“The Isis altarstone has not been on display since we redid the Roman gallery in 1996. It is currently in storage in our facility in Hackney, where it is possible we might arrange for you to view it there.
“It was found in the riverside wall, a Roman defensive wall of the late Roman period between what is now Upper and Lower Thames Street, as re-used monumental stone.
“No-one knows where the Isis Temple was located but it is more likely to have been on the northern side of the Thames where there was the main Roman settlement at what is now the City of London. It is a hefty stone and is unlikely to have been carried from the southern side.”
I disagree, the Romans were builders par excellence and would have no trouble carrying stone around and also had a handy wooden bridge across the river nearby near what is now London Bridge.
Southwark visionary poet John Crow (I understand from someone who knows him and this is NOT confirmed) believes that Synergy, (the now-defunct night club under London Bridge station where I stomped my legs off at the end of my search) is sited over the temple.
Still, it would be enormously ironic if the temple were somewhere under what is now the financial Square Mile, the place where the economic and financial systems that now are destroying us. An energy of love under an energy of greed waiting to be released.
Hope this is helpful to you. Feel free to ask more stuff. I have a pic photocopy of the altarstone. Very Happy
Gerard.
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading thru that thread I was please to find the possibility of a link between Paris and Isis. Here is a web page about this possible relation : http://homepage.ntlworld.com/fusniak/talisman/articles/isisofparis.html
What I knew is on this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parisii_(France).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Books All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: