Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King's Chamber: ¿the answer in the Pyramid Texts?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guillermo Caba See
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: King's Chamber: ¿the answer in the Pyramid Texts? Reply with quote

Dear members of this forum,

Three years ago I developed a hypothesis on what it symbolizes the King's Chamber of the Great Pyramid according the ancient funerary texts.

In this moment I asked the dr. Josep Montserrat Torrents, the director of the School of Egyptology of the Egyptian Museum of Barcelona, a valuation of this hypothesis. The teacher Montserrat indicated me that the idea was "reasoned well", and that "the interpretive hypothesis is valid".

The angular concepts of this hypothesis come from:

1- The affirmation expressed in the hermetic text Mind unto Hermes (14-15), “Death is not the destruction of those that are at-oned, but the dissolving of their union”.

2- The Neoplatonic Greek philosopher, Iamblichus. In his work On the Egyptian Mysteries (book VIII, 6) he wrote that, according the ancient egyptians, the human being has two souls, "one... is derived from the first intelligible, and participates of the power of the Demiurge; but the other is generated from the movement of the celestial bodies..." statement that refers the north and south shafts of the King's Chamber, according my hypothesis.

From here, the hypothesis it is based on the content of two groups of hieroglyphs of the funerary texts:

1 - The base of the first group is the ideogram of the “horns or ox”, that it means “divides” and “open” and that I relate to the shafts north and south of the King’s Chamber.

2 - The base of the second group is the ideogram of the “two legs walking”, which it means "come", "go", "hasten", "to emerge", "to go out to the light", and that I relate to the narrow passage to enter to the same chamber.

1 and 2- In some utterances, this ideogram of "two legs walking" is accompanied by the other of the serpent Cerastes cornutus (snake with horns). My hypothesis is that this hieroglyph condenses the meaning of the narrow passage as well as the relation between the horns and the channels of the chamber. If not, ¿why it use the snake, an animal that creeps, to express the concept “to emerge”/ “to go out to the light” in the translation?

The 56 footnotes to the page of this paper come from the next works:

Budge, E. A., Wallis, El libro egipcio de los muertos, El papiro de Ani, Editorial Sirio, Málaga 2007.

Faulkner, Raymond, A concise dictionary of Middle Egyptian, Griffith Institute, Ashmolean Museum, Oxford, 1988.
- The ancient Egyptian Pyramid Texts, Oxford University Press, Oxford 1969.

Gardiner, Sir. Alan, Egyptian Grammar, Griffith Institute, Ashmolean Museum, Oxford 2001.

Wilkinson, Richard H., The complete Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Egypt, The American University in Cairo Press, Cairo 2003,

My english, as you can recognise, is not very good so the text is written in spanish. Despite of that, I use a clear style to make the content intelligible.

I appreciate a critique of that paper by members of this forum. In that case, you can send your request and I will send you the attached document in word (the work have an extension of eight pages. So you can read it in a few minutes).

In any case, it's just a hypothesis.

Guillermo Caba Serra guillermocaba@gmail.com
dzama923
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mr. Caba Sera, I like this idea. I didn't know the meaning of the horns being the verbs to divide and to open. The legs ideogram too is interesting as you connected it to "going out" and a snake. There is actually a spell with this idea in a picture. The spell is "For being transformed into a snake", it is accompanied by the picture of a snake walking on calves. That is what your hypothesis reminded me of.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: