Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is your view on ancient egypt?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hvgautrey
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: What is your view on ancient egypt? Reply with quote

I am looking into popular views on ancient egypt, in particular looking for the misconceptions people have about this ancient civilisation. What do u think life was about to the egyptians? your views would be greatly appreciated.
Naunacht
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: What is your view on ancient egypt? Reply with quote

hvgautrey wrote:
I am looking into popular views on ancient egypt, in particular looking for the misconceptions people have about this ancient civilisation. What do u think life was about to the egyptians? your views would be greatly appreciated.

I think that the biggest false impression that people have is that this was a joyless culture obsessed with death. If you read their writings it becomes obvious that this was a people who loved life and wanted to continue it into the next world in much the same form as it was lived on the banks of the Nile. They went to great extents to try and insure that this would happen.
dzama923
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they were a highly religious people, and that their religion reflected a close connection to nature reflected in the nature of their writing. Their hieroglyphs are like snapshots of nature if you will, unlike ours that is more of a architectural character design in our letters. They were a harmonious people, too since their civilization was and is to this day a wonder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Homework Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: