Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who's this person?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robson
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Who's this person? Reply with quote

And talking about Amarnan hypothetical female rulers, anyone know's who is portrayed in this Karnak sculpture. It is clearly female, wearing the red crown, and with the prominent belly of Amarnan rulers and the oblique eyes of Amarnan princesses. I found it by chance browsing in the net, although the phlog where I found it labelled it as "Nefertari".

kylejustin
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's ankhesenamun as amunet. the other side of the doorway has tutankhamun as amun. i believe ay and tey usurped the statues, but not sure who did after that.
EgyptianRose
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhesenamun really? I always thought it was Tutankhamun. Or was that the other one haha Laughing The breasts are probably a dead give away though.

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=Tutankhamun+and+Ankhesenamun%27&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=538&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=xTzuJw4TQApkAM:&imgrefurl=http://www.gardinerphotography.co.uk/photo_6300607.html&docid=baS5pylXkGJsNM&imgurl=http://www.gardinerphotography.co.uk/images/06D_6543C.jpg&w=424&h=600&ei=YOh2T4zvNYWuiQfj74GGBQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=78&sig=109724237307189597135&page=1&tbnh=161&tbnw=110&start=0&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:0&tx=58&ty=9

This one is of Tutankhamun and Ankhesenamun. rather similiar, I'm assuming both statues are found in Luxor Temple? Correct?
It is of course the hieght of irony that, after this intensive campaign to expunge them from the annals of Egypt, the Amarna pharaohs are today probably the most recognized of all the country's ancient rulers!

Quote 'Amarna Sunset' by Aidan Dodson.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a better picture of the reconstructed statues of Amun and Amunet (with the features of Tutankhamun and Anchsunamun) in the Achmenu at Karnak. They are near the chamber of anchestors and were usurped by Horemhab.

Greetings, Lutz.
EgyptianRose
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Great Photo! Reply with quote

That is an awesome and well taken photograph of Tutankhamun and Ankhesenamun. Gives a clear image of the scenery around the two statues and environment they are currently at. Thankyou Lutz Wink

Wondering. Idea Will those statues soon be moved to a museum to be better cared for and preserved?
It is of course the hieght of irony that, after this intensive campaign to expunge them from the annals of Egypt, the Amarna pharaohs are today probably the most recognized of all the country's ancient rulers!

Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Great Photo! Reply with quote

EgyptianRose wrote:
... Will those statues soon be moved to a museum to be better cared for and preserved?

The Karnak-Tempel is a museum. As you can see the statues are in large parts no more original. They were rebuilt in their original location (following the inscriptions on the back).

Greetings, Lutz.
EgyptianRose
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops. I knew that, I was just testing Wink Just teasing.

Well aslong there in safe hands and are being looked after and preserved.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: