Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomb of Djehutynakht from Deir el Bersha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pyramids, Tombs, & Monuments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Tomb of Djehutynakht from Deir el Bersha Reply with quote

I had mentioned before that the Boston Museum of Fine Arts has some of the finds from the tomb of Djehutynakht on display.

I saw the display recently and found the exhibit really interesting. Panels of his coffin are on display. This site has a picture for instance:
http://www.artdaily.org/index.asp?int_sec=2&int_new=33048

I have been trying to find an image online of the other long panel, because I found that one really fascinating. The panel shown in the article is beautifully decorated and the patterns on the left are wonderfully detailed.

But the other panel reminded me of what would later be sisplayed on the tomb walls. There were registers with all kinds of offerings. There were boxes, collars, what looked like shields covered with cow hide, long containers that looked like arrow containers, etc.

The one head found in the tomb looks interesting. The surface resembles a thin layer of gauze. There is a sense that the facial shape is well preserved.

Another item is a beautiful standing figure made of wood posing with a tall staff or walking stick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pyramids, Tombs, & Monuments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: