Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Book suggestions Pleasee

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LadyOsiris
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Book suggestions Pleasee Reply with quote

I am heading to my major city, capital, soon and I am wanting to buy a Interesting and new book on Ancient Egypt!

If you have any suggestion please reply! I have a couple books now on Ancient Egypt but I must admit theyre not exactly enjoyable to read!

I don't really mind what about Ancient Egypt there about aslong as it's not something about the racial origins of Ancient Egypt ( which I momentarily have)! Prices don't matter ever, not that it would be reliable to give a price, Just a interesting book I can learn and take something from! Very Happy Idea Smile

Thankyou....
Hekat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of the Daily Lives books Priest of Hekat has described are enjoyable reading. The Tomb Builders of the Pharoahs is probably my favourite book as it gives so much human insight.
Toby Wilkinsons new(ish) book, The Rise & Fall of Ancient Egypt is also readable.
For a specific topic any of "The Complete" series are handy & informative reads.
A nicely illustrated book is "Artists in the Old Kingdom" Techniques & Achievements by Naguib Kanawati & Alexandra Woods
LadyOsiris
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They all sound very intrigueing! Thankyou for your suggestions!

I have already read the Rise and Fall of Egypt by Toby Wilkson! I enjoyed that book quite a lot! I was very much so educated on the different dynasties and the important people of each dynasty!
Smile

Cheers =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: