Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Book recommendation on Egyptian mythology and history

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Mythology and Religion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaldanis
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Book recommendation on Egyptian mythology and history Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I hope it's okay that I'm just jumping in and asking for help in my first post.

I'm very interested in learning more about Egyptian mythology, history, their beliefs (creation, afterlife etc), their gods and the stories assosciated with them. If possible I'd like a book, or books, that explains all of these things along with some information on where these stories originated. Also, is there a particularly good translation of the book of the dead that is recommended?

Thank you in advance Smile I realise that a lot of this information is available online, but soon I'll be travelling for a year and so having some books to read would be ideal. If there are any extremely good websites to use though, please let me know!
Kaldanis
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, on reading this form further I discovered the book list. If I knew how to delete this topic I would. Sorry Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Mythology and Religion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: