Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone suffer from depression

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sobek101
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Anyone suffer from depression Reply with quote

i do its horrible, it makes me very sad! it makes me long to die and go to heaven, it's made me try to commit suicide several times! it's given me these terrible, near-cripplingly painful, headaches which are so bad they feel like me brain is burning, it feels like someone's stabbing me brain with a knife, they're so bad they almost cripple me at times and they can make me rage or weep theyre so painful! I just want them to stop! Crying or Very sad

anyone else got depression?
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadly I do. its something you have to have to fully understand how it effects you. makes doing the simplest things nearly impossible and can hit at any time.I just wise it would go away so I could function
Sobek101
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont i know it, i struggle to get up of a morning some days
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sobek, I don't have depression, but I've lived with someone suffering from depression for 8 years. I might not know what it's like, but I realise it's very real, very serious and can be quite debilitating.

What are you doing currently to 'battle' it? What have you done in the past? Is this a physical or a psychological depression?

It sounds like it's quite severe with you and I'm hoping you are receiving help in any way.
Sobek101
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicky_too wrote:
Sobek, I don't have depression, but I've lived with someone suffering from depression for 8 years. I might not know what it's like, but I realise it's very real, very serious and can be quite debilitating.

What are you doing currently to 'battle' it? What have you done in the past? Is this a physical or a psychological depression?

It sounds like it's quite severe with you and I'm hoping you are receiving help in any way.

its horrid, it feels horrid its bad for me head and me sanity, its ruining me mind, ive got poor mental health and its both physical and psychological, ive been getting this near-crippling headaches, theyre so painful they can make me rage or weep with the pain

it makes me want to die, i want to die! ive tried to commit suicide several times, ive tried to slit me wrists and bleed out and drown meself
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sobek101 wrote:
nicky_too wrote:

its horrid, it feels horrid its bad for me head and me sanity, its ruining me mind, ive got poor mental health and its both physical and psychological, ive been getting this near-crippling headaches, theyre so painful they can make me rage or weep with the pain

it makes me want to die, i want to die! ive tried to commit suicide several times, ive tried to slit me wrists and bleed out and drown meself

First of all, if you are in pain, there are some medications that can assist you with that: As you live in the UK, I would say one of the first order of business is to make an appointment with your local GP and keep that appointment.

Believe it or not, he/she can listen as well as we can, but also has the added ability to actually assist you in getting either the medication you need for pain - especially if you have crippling headaches (which may be migraine in nature: there's a whole host of meds out that help with such bad headaches) - and also assist you in getting any other medications or treatment you may need for your depression.

You are not alone in having depression: 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience some kind of mental health problem in the course of a year, which is usually either depression or anxiety. 1 in 10 UK children will experience similar mental illness at any one time as well.

This is not to say that depression is "normal," or to simply "buck up" and get on with it. Depression can be very crippling to a person, and it can have ongoing problems physically as well as mentally. You are indicating this is what is happening to you.

You do need to understand that while I would think most everyone on this list here can empathise with you, if you really feel suicidal, you sincerely need to get yourself to a medical professional as soon as possible, so he or she can assist you in getting the help you need to make yourself better. We would really urge you to do this as soon as you can.

We on this list are not qualified to treat you, but I feel safe in saying that we're all hoping you will get that help and will support you as you get better.

Let us know what you decide,

Doctoral Candidate
Oriental Institute
Oriental Studies
Doctoral Programme [Egyptology]
Oxford University
Oxford, United Kingdom
Styler78
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, Neseret.

Good luck Sobek. Listen to what the lady says. What you have is treatable, but you have to make the first step.

Stuart

http://styler78hatshepsutproject.blogspot.com/

nicky_too
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully agree with Neseret.

I wish you the strength to pick yourself up one more time and go to your GP so you get the help you deserve. Good luck!
Unas
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus can help you!

Read this:

http://www.backtothebible.org/Indexes/index.php?option=com_mosforms&Itemid=180
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: