Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Museum?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EgyptianRose
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Which Museum? Reply with quote

Where about is this bust of one the royal amarna princesses held? I would love to hopefully see it when traveling at the end of this year Smile
It is of course the hieght of irony that, after this intensive campaign to expunge them from the annals of Egypt, the Amarna pharaohs are today probably the most recognized of all the country's ancient rulers!

Quote 'Amarna Sunset' by Aidan Dodson.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Princess with a side lock"

Paris, Louvre, E 14715. 18th Dynasty / Reign of Akhenaton. Limestone, Provenance unknown.

Lutz
EgyptianRose
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz wrote:
"Princess with a side lock"

Paris, Louvre, E 14715. 18th Dynasty / Reign of Akhenaton. Limestone, Provenance unknown.

Lutz

Thankyou Lutz, very much appreciated! Looks like I will be heading to Paris after Berlin Wink
It is of course the hieght of irony that, after this intensive campaign to expunge them from the annals of Egypt, the Amarna pharaohs are today probably the most recognized of all the country's ancient rulers!

Quote 'Amarna Sunset' by Aidan Dodson.
Montuhotep88
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prepare thoroughly for your visit to the Louvre if you can, identifying specific pieces of interest and familiarizing yourself with the layout... the collection is so large that it's almost mind-numbing. I was reduced to stumbling slack-jawed from one incredible room to another. (This serves me right for saying, "Hey, we'll be in Paris for the afternoon between trains; let's see the Louvre!" Laughing ) I was expecting something more along the lives of the British Museum's collection (which was mighty impressive, don't get me wrong, but the Louvre is a different magnitude).

I can only imagine my reaction if/when I manage to get to the Egyptian Museum in Cairo... they'd probably find me days later, crouching behind a display case, gibbering and drooling, with a wild look in my eye... Very Happy
karnsculpture
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, the Amarna room alone could keep you occupied for some time. Wear comfortable shoes!
Priest of Hekat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget a few days in the UK as well Wink

The Petrie Museum in London and the Ashmolean in Oxford are definitely worth visiting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Travel All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: