Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tut tut tut!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats exactly what the leading theory is to, there was a lot of bad blood when Tuts daddy died and I cant even imagined what happened to Nefertiti or Akhnenaten (or however its spelt correctly I have a headache and dont feel like checking) But they figure his High priest who brought back the old religion and ran the country behind a curtain for Tut along with his Vizier and General Hormheb plotted to take the throne Now Two minor suspects are the cupbearer and the king’s attendant. They are likely to be among the few that could approach the king without orders and or go into his bedroom when he was asleep. However there where other possible suspects including Another possible suspect could be General Horemheb. He was the powerful army officer that eventually ascended to Tut’s throne. Horemheb was trusted by King Tut. It has already been proved that the Hittite prince on the way over to Egypt to marry Ankhespaton (tuts wife she dident want to marry Aye and wanted to remain queen so she sent away to marry this prince) was murdered. Guess who sent orders to have him killed? Horemheb. He was the head of the military and he ordered soldiers to kill the prince. As an army official, Horemheb would be dishonest to investigators in order to keep his job. He wanted the prince dead so that Ankhespaton would have no choice she would have to marry Aye. Later Horemheb did his best and succeeded in erasing Ankhespaton, Aye, and King Tut from the Royal Book of Kings and Queens. If you look at the tomb paintings it shows Hormheb n loving imbrace of Tut as if he is covering up a cime! The last and most reasonable person who would want Tutankhamen dead would be Tut’s grandfather and also the vizier of Tut, Aye. He was very jealous that Tut became king when he was only nine years old. A lot of evidence shows that Aye is a very reasonable suspect of killing Tut. After Tut’s death, Aye refused to start an investigation. He didn’t bother to research the dramatic story about Tut’s death and he advised other people not to either. Since people don’t know who murdered Tut Aye and Horemheb most likely were working together. phew that was a lot of typing I got most of this info from Bob Briers book
tutankamun29432
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Tut tut tut!! Reply with quote

Hatshepsu wrote:
How do YOU think king Tut was killed.. ??? Very Happy!! ( i got sick of responding to posts so i had to make another one)
kig tut was killed by ay and hormemb i know that because im realated to king tut and want to get revenge for my ancster.
tutankamun29432
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatshepsu wrote:
i think Ay and horemheb teamed up.. im not sure who did it in the end.. but perhaps horemheb did it and in return for the risk Ay made him next in line for the throne..

all pharaos after king tut was not of the royal blood line so that makes me
next in line for egypts throne
Philopator
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I have heard that King Tut was killed by a high priest. I heard, not really belived, that he was killed by a high priest who was trying to take over. He is called "I" because his name was erased from every tomb. It's just something I heard...I actually thought it was funny. :rainbowafro: (afro! woot woot!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hatshepsu
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how could he be named "i" if the egyptians had no vowel.... nvm.
almostascribe
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welllll the symbol for "i" is a the reed leaf.
Philopator
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hatshepsu wrote: how could he be named "i" if the egyptians had no vowel

Thats what I was so confussed about. They had it on the history channel a while back and when they talked about the whole "i" thing I was really confussed. O well, the whole debate about how King Tut really died is so confussing.[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
almostascribe
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatshepsu wrote:
how could he be named "i" if the egyptians had no vowel.... nvm.

there are no vowels but there are weak consonants which is

which the the vulture, the quial chick, the reed leaf , and double reed leaf which are tranalated a the sounds ah , uw, i(short i sound) and y.

They are sort of like vowels. the vultures symbol actual sound is not actually known so ah is often used.
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that the "I" they were talking about was Aye? (Sounds similar)

I wonder if he (Tut) couldn't have had a chariot accident.

Has anyone ever heard of damage to his body besides the splinter that was dislodged from his skull?
Steve
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you know that wen they found tut he was literatley stuck to the bottom of his sarcophagus and they had to pry it out decimating the body and stuff but I dont think that was the damage you where refering to
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I had heard that he was so covered in a sticky substance that they had to pry him out of his sarcophagus. I thought they applied heat, or at least heated knives. to get him out.

I was referring to some statements about possibly his sternum or other parts missing. I can't remember where I heard that. It was related to the fact that he is often depicted with a cane, and several walking sticks were found in his tomb, raising the question of Tut having some handicap.
If he was infirm, then some accident becomes more likely.

Did anyone read this article on tour egypt?
http://touregypt.net/featurestories/killtut.htm

There are several theories there I had never heard about. Including: brain tumor, poisoning, murdered by unsavory character called Tutu.

They mention some inscription on a statue of Horemheb
Quote:
"Egyptian brothers, don't ever forget what foreigners did to our King Tutankhamen"

Is Horemheb trying to imply that Tut was assassinated in some foreign plot?
Steve
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anything is possible but thats one of the theorys but not the leading one.
Hatshepsu
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that Aye and Horemheb killed him.. maybe not by their own hands but perhaps by paying someone to do it.. there are sooo many ways to tie all the theories together.. like.. they paid a forenger to do it... lol yeah im at school.. so my IQ is a little down.
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatshepsu wrote:
... lol yeah im at school.. so my IQ is a little down.

I work in a school, does that mean that after all this time I have no IQ left?
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

(It feels that way today)
Steve
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to go back to scvhool to upgrade Ill have low IQ to! we should form a club!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: