Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

some shocking news...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Osiris II
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: some shocking news... Reply with quote

see my posting in Miss.
If the Egyptian government proceeds as planned, Armana will be underwater. A large dam is in the planning stage, to be built at Dal. If that is done, and along witht he other dams already build in Middle Egypt, the whole area will be underwater.
Sothis
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: some shocking news... Reply with quote

Osiris II wrote:
see my posting in Miss.
If the Egyptian government proceeds as planned, Armana will be underwater. A large dam is in the planning stage, to be built at Dal. If that is done, and along witht he other dams already build in Middle Egypt, the whole area will be underwater.

Just to make sure, is it Amarna that is threatened or Amara?
I gathered that it is the latter, but the two names get often confused ( and that`s no wonder).
Be it Amara or Amarna, it really is shocking news.
Robson
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chinese run Dal-Kajbar Dams is actually a project of the Sudanese government, and it threatens to make disappear all the Lower Nubia monuments, besides of being a possible direct menace to Aswan Dam in Egypt.

http://www.internationalrivers.org/campaigns/kajbar-dam-sudan
Osiris II
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I feel really stupid! Embarassed
I think I got in such a huff thinking Amarna would be lost, I went off half-cocked and ranted a bit about loosing something so important.
I still say is shouldn't be done, though!
Priest of Hekat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Amara in Sudan.
I would have been really worried if there had been a dam which caused Armana to be flooded because it would have backed up all the way to Aswan and we would have disappeared under water here in Luxor!!
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Priest of Hekat wrote:
... I would have been really worried if there had been a dam which caused Armana to be flooded because it would have backed up all the way to Aswan and we would have disappeared under water here in Luxor!!

Then Luxor would be, like the Red Sea, a brand new meeting place for scuba divers... Confused Shocked Cool

Greetings, Lutz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: