Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lavender
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

Hi, all! I'm a historical novelist who's looking for research assistance and stimulating discussion that will help inform my future books. I've been interested in ancient Egypt since I was a kid. Recently my fiance took me to the King Tut exhibition for our anniversary and I think I drove him crazy by giving him way too much information about every single artifact we saw.

Glad to meet all of you; I am looking forward to learning from the discussions here!

-Lavender
EgyptianRose
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Lavender and welcome to Egyptian Dreams..

What subjects on history are you preparing to write about?

P.S I'm soo jelous, you got to see the King Tutankhamun Exhibit! I was going to go in Australia, Melbourne, though unfortunately I had insufficient funds to travel across country, in order to see the Tutankhamun Exhibit... Confused Sad
It is of course the hieght of irony that, after this intensive campaign to expunge them from the annals of Egypt, the Amarna pharaohs are today probably the most recognized of all the country's ancient rulers!

Quote 'Amarna Sunset' by Aidan Dodson.
Lavender
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer! It was a really spectacular exhibit. It had so many artifacts from all across the 18th Dynasty, not only from the Amarna/post-Amarna years. I was not expecting that.

I do have some pictures at my blog.

I am presently working on the final novel in a trilogy about Hatshepsut's family and reign. The first is already out and the second is my current bugaboo with revisions and formatting...can't wait to get that all done. I hate revising and formatting! I don't know whether it's considered okay to link to that sort of thing here, so I'll just say instead that interested parties can find info about my books on my blog without looking too terribly hard. Smile

But the subject I need the most help researching is the Amarna period. Like all historical novelists who decide to work with ancient Egypt, I have apparently been seduced, too, by all that juicy Amarna intrigue. I'm trying to sort out my own fictional take on Akhenaten's court. Totally unsure as yet how I'm going to approach it.

And I'm already fairly interested in exploring how Ahmose kicked the Hyksos out of Egypt, too. I think I am an 18th-Dynasty kind of girl. I read Pauline Gedge's series on the founding of the 18th Dynasty and I'm sure I'd take a totally different tack in writing about that period of history. But we'll see. One political tangle at a time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Say Hello All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: