Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kv63

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frater0082
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Kv63 Reply with quote

As i sat and watch the documentary About kv63 several times i couldn't help but think that this tomb was a tomb for Tutankhamen's deceased children and possibly even thier wet nurse.

I like Zahi Hawass doubt that this was the tomb of Ankhesenamun because as Zahi stated she. would had a far richer burial which in my opinion means that she would've had alot more stuff in her tomb. For one her sarcaphagus wouldn't be made of wood but of gold just. like the two infant coffins and there wasn't the tiniest trace found around the coffin were they claim to have seen the imprint of a mummy on it.

Finally the inscription of a minor god. i could be wrong but most ancient royals didn't. associate themselves with such minor dieties which made me think this can't be a burial. of a queen. but somone dear to the king or Queen like their children. and thier. wetnurse. i mean dont royal children get a wetnurse when are born or something.

One other thing the tomb have said to been. open several times i believe to first. bury. tuts first born and then his second then even thier wetnurse. All possibly dying in Tuts. reign. which makes you wonder were these babies killed in order for a certain someone to claim. the throne. I now. doubt they died from deformities because. if that was the case thier father would have to being a product of incest. Someone with full control may have done this my suspicions point to Ay and I even believe. that it was he to foged that Zazanna letter to get his hand in power. lastly. i think the tomb was reopen. upon Tuts. on demise which i believe was controlled s well and his kids were buried there to protect them in some sort of mythical way as for the wetnurse her body may have moved to another location in the valley of the kings. i do not believe. she was Tia ankhs own wetnurse but somone new whom we know. little about.

Here's a twist i know kind of believe. that these girls are the mysterious Tasherits whom we know little of.[/i]
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the evidence that in KV 63 ever (whoever) someone was buried?

Lutz
kylejustin
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know who the tomb was originally cut for, but it is obvious no one was actually buried there. the evidence points to the tomb being used as cache to store burial supplies.
herper
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since Tutankhamens only known children were stillborn, why would they have a wetnurse? Idea
Frater0082
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

herper wrote:
since Tutankhamen's only known children were stillborn, why would they have a wet nurse? Idea

Well i assumed that a wet nurse was assigned to a child at birth, but this is an old assumption. Many of the questions that i sought has been answered yet i'm still sitting at home waiting for the truth to finally come out.

My main thing is now is Horembed if only they could fin his mummy. Idea
Frater0082
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did say that in one of the videos that they found artifacts or something referring to a wet nurse
karnsculpture
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the context KV63 may be unique. It might represent the remains of burials transported from Amarna during the reign of Tutankhamun and then restored/re-wrapped, with the actual bodies re-interred elsewhere.

What might be interesting would be to carefully check the used mummification materials from KV63 for DNA traces. Yes, probably unlikely but it may be possible to prove that the smaller coffins relate to Tut or KV55 etc.

I believe Hawass' enthusiasm to search for more tombs following the work of Otto Schladen's team may have been motivated by the idea that KV63 represents evidence of another mummy cache in the valley, possibly the Amarna princesses.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otto Schaden : KV 63 - Origins of the Discovery. - In: Das Geheimnisvolle Grab 63 - Die Neueste Entdeckung im Tal der Könige - Archäologie und Kunst von Susan Osgood. - [Catalog of the Exhibitions in Ägyptisches Museum Universität Bonn, 27. November - 30. Mai 2010 / Museum August Kestner Hannover, 1. Juli - 7. November 2010]. - [The Mysterious Tomb 63. - All texts in German and English.]. - Rahden / Westf.: Leidorf, 2009. - ISBN : 978-3-86757-453-2. - 240 p., on page 65 :

All previous issues from the excavation team consistently speak of an embalming depot. There is no evidence that ever a funeral has been made ​​in KV 63. The complex itself probably dates to the government of Amenhotep III., the found clay seals and wine jar closures are similar to those from KV 54, 55 and 62.

Greetings, Lutz.
dashotep
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the face of this coffin very striking, when it was unearthed. The proximity to Tutankhamun's tomb made me wonder whether it might not be his wife Ankhesenamun...

[/img]
SidneyF
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That coffin certainly seems to have been made in the time of Tutankhamun. It bears his features--and people had the faces of the sovereign on their coffins instead of their own during the 18th and 19th Dynasties. See the stone coffin of Paramessu, for example, a servant of the crown--not used by him as he became king Ramesses I. The coffin with the beautifully-carved face from KV63 is a very small one, if I recall correctly. It was either for a child or an extremely short woman.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the new issue of "Egyptian Archaeology" (47 / 2015) is an article about the small gold-plated coffinette from KV 63...

Earl Ertman / Otto Schaden : Small is beautiful - The gold coffinette G.6 from KV 63. - In: Egyptian Archaeology 47. - 2015. - pp. 43 - 45:
Quote:
"... Even though no royal insignia or inscription seem to have ever been present on this object, the use of costly gold leaf on its surface sets it apart from most other similar funerary containers. ...

... suggesting that it might have been for a royal child. If this object was intended for a purpose other than a burial, then considerations might include its identification as a receptacle for viscera, a papyrus, shabti, heirloom or other similar object.

On the underside of the lid, the remains of some metal nails and eight wooden dowels, some of these seemingly broken off and protruding slightly out of their holes, indicate that they once secured the lid to the trough to safeguard its contents. This indicates that it had been used to contain something of importance before being relegated to a secondary use with the associated objects in KV63. ...

... Although a study of the object has revealed something about the technology used to create it, its use remains obscure. Whether it was made to contain the body of an infant or a precious object will forever remain an open question."

Greetings, Lutz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: