Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Humans are gods?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Mythology and Religion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz wrote:
Pretty ... But what contemporary archaeological evidence you have for your "oddities"?

Forgive me if I am wrong. I don’t know for sure if your post is referring to my post? I will have to play my new guy card here of just learning to use the site.

Both the Egyptian and the Jewish worlds were created by the power of “THE WORD”.

Go back and look at the eras of mankind.

The era of Red Ochre burials.

The era of extinction.

The age of domestication.

The age of deities.

If you agree that mankind was down to less than 5,000 people because of Mt. Toba in 74,000 BC. Then follow the buildup of mankind and the thought process. As religions are built upon older religions, the Egyptian religion was built upon the power of the “Word”. Which had to come from India. And word meant “laws”, and god was the term used for knowledge of mankind. That why it is said “God” made earth for mankind. Which he did in the era of domestication. Name what they ate besides fish that was not domesticated? Even cotton in India was domesticated in India. But when it came into the age of deities, Egypt and most of the rest of the world used animals and people or the combination. Where India said God was the nothing more than the combined knowledge of all of mankind and the laws governing the knowledge. This evolving of religion pasted on from Egyptian to the Christian religion. The knowledge from RA was talked about by Jesus in the Gnostic form when Jesus said “Light”. Because light was how the knowledge from RA was sent to the people. When enough knowledge “light/spirit” was gathered at one spot it formed a Gnostic cloud, the “Spirit” or the “Holy Spirit” in the Egyptian form. That’s why the old pictures of Jesus painted in the old churches always had Jesus standing on a cloud that was omitting light, the Holy Spirit. The light being omitted was the passing of knowledge from Jesus to you. Very Egyptian.
Remember the Egyptians had no use for the brain, man did not think, he received his knowledge from RA by light and stored it in the heart. Where the Europeans thinking included the brain. Jesus was preaching to two lines of thought process. When you read the bible in the Gnostic text it show the Egyptian thinking.

Now take the Papyrus of Nu and see how the thinking evolved with a Hyksos twist.

PS The cowry shells were used for money at the time came from India. They were trading partners. But India controlled the currency that was used in the known world.
neseret
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Humans are gods? Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
My understanding is that the Papyrus of Nu was in the 18 dynasty, which would have placed it near the end of the Hyksos rule.

pNu is dated to the reigns of Hatshepsut and Thutmose III, by nature of the names of the parents and by dress portrayed in the papyrus, which is quite a bit after the Hyksos were expelled (originally during the reigns of Ahmose and Kamose). There was still sporadic fighting between the Hyksos and Egyptians after this but most battles were outside of Egypt.

Michael wrote:
The Hyksos from Asia had been left Egypt because of Leprosy and the Canaan had filled the ruling power for the Hyksos.

There is no evidence that the Hyksos were repelled from Egypt for any form of disease (that's something added by Josephus in the Story of Orus, which actually draws upon Late Period imagery, according to Redford (1986)). They were expelled from Egypt because they were foreign rulers, which goes to Egyptian distaste for foreigners in general.

Michael wrote:
I think what was happening is the Hyksos was a much older Civilization but they did not use a deity in there god.

There is no evidence the Hyksos, which were a series of Syro-palestininan rulers, primarily from Lebanon were of a "much older civilisation." What evidence do you have for this statement?

<snip of "New Age" mish-mosh>

The heart was considered the centre of conscience and Egyptian thought because they could physically feel it when it was excited, or when they were sad, angry, or happy, etc. It's a reasonable inference that one's "self" and the heart are linked since it's something you can physically feel in response to emotions and one's thoughts. A number of ancient cultures believed this - not just the Egyptians.

The idea that the heart guided the conscience and soul of a person goes back in Egyptian thought long before the Hyksos ever entered Egypt: it is mentioned throughout the Old Kingdom texts, such as the Instructions of Ptahhotep, and Instructions of Kegemni, and beyond the Old Kingdom (Instructions of Merikare (First Intermediate Period). All of these texts are pre-Hyksos, and refer to the heart being tied to the mind and soul of an individual.

So, I can't see why you seem to think why the ancient Egyptian belief of the heart as seat of wisdom has anything to do with the Hyksos. This is demonstrably not true.

See:

Assmann, J. 1990. Ma'at. Gerechtigkeit und Unsterblichkeit im Alten Ägypten. Munich: C.H. Beck.

Brunner, H. 1988. Das hörende Herz: kleine Schriften zur Religions- und Geistesgeschichte Ägyptens. Freiburg Schweiz; Göttingen: Universitätsverlag; Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht.

______________. 1984. Zentralbegriffe ägyptischer und israelitischer Weisheitslehren. Saeculum 35: 185-199.

Dinarès Solà, R.2009. ib y HAty: el corazón en el Egipto antiguo. Trabajos de Egiptología/Papers on Ancient Egypt 5/1: 235-247.

Griffiths, J. G. 1991. The Divine Verdict. A Study of Divine Judgement in the Ancient Religions. Studies in the History of Religions (Supplement to Numen), 52. Leiden etc.: E.J. Brill.

Herrmann, S. 1954. Steuerruder, Waage, Herz und Zunge in ägyptischen Bildreden. Zeitschrift für ägyptische Sprache und Altertumskunde 79: 106-115.

Lichtheim, M. 1975. Ancient Egyptian Literature: The Old and Middle Kingdoms. Berkeley: University of California.

Miosi, F. T. 1996. Prolegomena to the future study of Egyptian ethics. Journal of the Society for the Study of Egyptian Antiquities 26: 67-80.

Otto, E. 1964. Ägyptische Gedanken zur menschlichen Verantwortung. Die Welt des Orients 3 (1/2): 19-26.

Piankoff, A. 1930. Le 'Coeur' dans les Textes Egyptians depuis l'Ancien jusqu'à la fin du Nouvel Empire. Paris: Geuthner.

Sousa, R. 2011. The Heart of Wisdom: Studies on the heart amulet in Ancient Egypt. BAR International Series 2211. Oxford: Archaeopress.

Doctoral Candidate
Oriental Institute
Oriental Studies
Doctoral Programme [Egyptology]
Oxford University
Oxford, United Kingdom

Michael
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Humans are gods? Reply with quote

Sorry,
This website will not take my reply.
I get this message.
[b]Usage of forbidden word
We're very sorry, your post request is blocked.
If you don't want this to happen in the future go visit the groups page and subscribe to the 'Bypass words' group
[/b]

I have no idea what word they are talking about and the groups page has not been setup yet.
Medjay Archer
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Humans are gods? Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
Sorry,
This website will not take my reply.
I get this message.
[b]Usage of forbidden word
We're very sorry, your post request is blocked.
If you don't want this to happen in the future go visit the groups page and subscribe to the 'Bypass words' group
[/b]

I have no idea what word they are talking about and the groups page has not been setup yet.

That is normal. You just underwent the hidden action of Amun, just like his name etymologically suggests: "hidden". Same happened to me earlier and I was in consequence confused. I went to enquire by Amun, but he tended his arm towards me and made his divine scimitar appear. I understood. Shocked

P.S. Just joking Admun btw. Don't take it personally. I've nearly finished gathering my sacrificial offerings for your divine house. Very Happy

@Michael:

Your post must have been refused for using a fringe nutter word. I don't know the exact list.
Also, an advice. Both Lutz and Neseret most probably have strong scholar background. They won't accept a statement (or statements) if you pop it/them ex nihilo. You need references, either from avered scholars or from archeology. You see, one can make a swarm of interpretations out of a text/artefact. That doesn't mean it is true.
Kmt is not a racial term nor a reference to the black silt deposited on the Nile valley, but an expression of "standing on place wherein food is plenty, allowing to stop moving like the neighbouring nomads". -Asar Imhotep
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Mythology and Religion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: