Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Priestly Comtemplation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Mythology and Religion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
He-Kur.A.Ha.Sa.Aset
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Priestly Comtemplation Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I am creating a map of a temple of one of my characters. In it I wanted to make a few fields of gras with a bench where priests could take a moment to relax and contemplate about religion or whatever it is they think about Wink.

My sister did not expect that in a temple, so my question to her was, where do they do this then? She told me this was in their rooms or during prayer.

Does anyone here know something that could shed some light on this, because I find it difficult to believe they would always meditate and think in their own little dark rooms.

Well I hope this is a question worthy of this forum.

Yours,

Hekur-akhu-sa-Aset
Kevin
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there again, He-Kur.A.Ha.Sa.Aset. Your sister's partly right that prayer was a time of meditation, but I see nothing wrong with the scenario you're constructing. I've never come across any evidence suggesting you'd be wrong. Many of the priests employed at temples (especially the large temples) did not actually live there but had homes in the nearby town or city; in other words, it was not like a Catholic monestary where monks return to tiny dark cells lit by a candle or two, though the temples themselves were often dark and gloomy places. They were there at the temple to work and support the operations taking place there, but in quiet times, who knows where they would have taken a few minutes to relax and contemplate?

I say go ahead with your idea.
He-Kur.A.Ha.Sa.Aset
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: To Kmt Sesh Reply with quote

Hey there here too,

Thanks for the info! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Mythology and Religion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: