Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tut's Chariot Theory
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frater0082
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean by her getting killed.
Ikon
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting killed by being kicked in the face by a horse as a possibility. I'm aware of the unexplained laceration along her left side that is not the mummification incision. I think while we lack any equivalent of an AE autopsy report, then we will probably never know her cause of death beyond conjecture, and that also goes for Tutankhamun.
Frater0082
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm so hating that right now
Frater0082
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've watched endlessly videos on Tut and heard so many convincing evidence but I still can't put it passed my mind that the king was killed and a certain person had the motives Ay.

The way I see it the old fools power was dwindling over Tut the boy was getting older and possibly ready to make his own moves. Horembed was on the rise it looks like Ay was going to be sidelined again. Having that taste of power in the beginning of Tuts reign may have have Ay begging for more.

U can tell me otherwise but the rushing of the burial,the switching of the tombs, the chaa ring of the boys body, the death of Zannanza (which is obvious that Ay had him killed) the lies in the Hittite. letter, and outmanuevering Horembed to the throne all told me that someone did something. naughty. To get wbere he was.
Frater0082
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why use so much oil on him they couldn't been in that much of a rusb to bury him. It just seem so very suspicious to me I tried to look at it the same way as everyone else but it. Keeps pointing to the murder scenario.

Ok don'tworry know what happen but im dying screaming to find out I what happened to him and the rest of the Armarna Family
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frater0082 wrote:
Why use so much oil on him ...

In order to make such a statement one would have probably at least another "original packaging" kings mummy (3500 years untouched resting in her coffins) from that period. Since this is not the case, no one can say what was common and what not.

Lutz
Frater0082
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah few someone's alive on this forum I was beginning to get bored. I'm just trying to keep it alive I like the forums I come here to find news everyday
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frater0082 wrote:
... I'm just trying to keep it alive ...

By boring his readers with your strange fantasies?

Lutz
Frater0082
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call them whatever you like
neseret
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frater0082 wrote:
I've watched endlessly videos on Tut and heard so many convincing evidence but I still can't put it passed my mind that the king was killed and a certain person had the motives Ay.

The way I see it the old fools power was dwindling over Tut the boy was getting older and possibly ready to make his own moves. Horembed was on the rise it looks like Ay was going to be sidelined again. Having that taste of power in the beginning of Tuts reign may have have Ay begging for more.

U can tell me otherwise but the rushing of the burial,the switching of the tombs, the chaa ring of the boys body, the death of Zannanza (which is obvious that Ay had him killed) the lies in the Hittite. letter, and outmanuevering Horembed to the throne all told me that someone did something. naughty. To get wbere he was.

It really makes little sense to continue to hold on to a "murder theory" in face of recent medical studies. The only reason the theory was ever constructed had to do with Harrison's and Connolly's misinterpretation of the 1966 X-rays of Tutankhamun's skull, which led them to the erroneous conclusion that the king had a blow to the back of the head. Since the recent forensic studies and new technology in X-ray technology, Connolly retracted this theory in 2005 as "disproven," (Harrison died in the meantime, so his opinion stands).

Naturally, the lack of the "head blow" murder theory makes little difference to murder conspiracy fans, who somehow think they know the motives and intentions of ancient people, dead over 3 millennium, of whom their sole knowledge comes about by modern dramatic reconstructions on so-called "documentaries." The better evidence would have come from the ancient Egyptians themselves, for when murder of a royal occurred, they kept that story in their records - either through epic poem (Instructions of Amenemhat (I) to his son Senwosret (I), which discusses that king's assassination (written after the fact during his son's reign)), or via legal records (such as the transcript of the legal proceedings against the conspirators who murdered Ramses III).

However, we have no such poem, legal records, or any mention in the Egyptian records that Tutankhamun was murdered, and that tends to work against such a theory. Yet we do have some revealing records from this period, being the "Egyptian Queen" correspondence, which mentions the political power plays of the last of the Thutmosid line (Ankhsenamun) working to keep her dynastic line alive by proposing marriage links with the Hittite Empire. The fact that Chani, the Egyptian ambassador to the Hittites, takes the proposal on her behalf to Suppiluliumas implies that more people than simply the Queen would have had to have known of her plan, and the most likely ally in such a scheme would have been the royal vizier, Ay.

So strong is the evidence in this direction is due to the existence of KUB XIX, 20, a little-known but important document in the Hittite files. This letter, written by Suppiluliumas to the next king after Tutankhamun - that is, Ay - implies that this king knew of the existence of the plan, and that this king also knew the fate of Zannanza, which he vehemently denies is murder of Suppiluliumas' son, but says only that the son has died.

There's good reason to think, according to Murnane (1990), that Ay was telling the truth to Suppiluliumas, as there is archaeological evidence (Panagiotakopulu 2004) that bubonic plague was sweeping through Egypt at the time, and after the battle of Amka, which occurred during Tutankhamun's reign, this plague then moved into Hatti, when the Hittites took Egyptian prisoners into their land. So, it is very likely that, rather than a murder of the Hittite prince, he succumbed to the plague. When Suppiluliumas and his son, Arnawanda, then declared war against Egypt due to the death of Zannanza (after the death of Tutankhamun and after the KUB XIX, 20 letter), they too died from the same plague, according to the succeeding king, Murisilis II.

So, back to Ay: if he was aware of the "Egyptian Queen" correspondence, and in fact, actively encouraged it, this may explain his elevation to the kingship and possible marriage to Ankhsenamun, which may have served as a "Plan B" situation after the death of Zannanza. Such a move would have thwarted the political ambitions of another player in the power struggle after the death of Tutankhamun, one who perhaps is the "servant" that Ankhsenamun refused to marry, as he was not of noble birth - Horemheb.

This too is speculation, but, IMO, has more evidence to support it than simply claiming that Ay "murdered" Tutankhamun (for which there is NO contemporaneous evidence), or that he "murdered" Zannanza (again for which there is no contemporaneous evidence, and in fact, more evidence against it). Simply being the winner in a power struggle with Horemheb does not a murderer make, and if you want to imply intentions, recall that Ankhsenamun does appear to have associated herself with Ay, as seen in the Newberry Ring (below), which indicates her ability to politically align herself with whomever she wanted.

Ankhsenamun was by no means a "damsel in distress," but a major political player, who kept all of her options open, IMO.

Reference:

Murnane, W. J. 1990. The Road to Kadesh: A Historical Interpretation of the Battle Reliefs of King Sety I at Karnak. Studies in Ancient Oriental Civilizations. SAOC 42. transl. Chicago: Oriental Institute.

Panagiotakopulu, E. 2004. Pharaonic Egypt and the origins of plague. Journal of Biogeography 31/2: 269-275.

Doctoral Candidate
Oriental Institute
Oriental Studies
Doctoral Programme [Egyptology]
Oxford University
Oxford, United Kingdom

Frater0082
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason why i said that because it just seem rather suspicious the way they put the poor boy away . Its so said

about that letter It seems very fitting forn Ankhesenamun to right that letter.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This "poor boy" died (either in an accident or maybe even in a battle) and was buried with one of the largest and most valuable treasures that we know. As far as we know (and can expect after the religious break Amarna), he was buried with all the honors and the degree of care as its predecessors. Where is the problem?

Lutz
Robson
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they would slay their golden eggs goose.
Naunacht
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frater0082 wrote:
The only reason why i said that because it just seem rather suspicious the way they put the poor boy away . Its so said

about that letter It seems very fitting forn Ankhesenamun to right that letter.

If Tutankhamen died in battle or during a hunting trip, it seems very possible that the facilities to do a proper embalming were not available in the field. That would go a long way to explaining what seem to be irregularities in his preparation.

I tend to think that his death would have been regarded by all concerned as a disaster.
Frater0082
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are.so many ideas and theories on how he died hmmmmm him being hurt in battle seems possible

To put an end of this we dont know we really dont we can only assume we can only guess what happened but only Tut knows what happen and i guess thats a secret buried with him
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: