Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canaanite tomb with scarab of Seti I
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SidneyF wrote:
Eio wrote:
Lutz wrote:

There was an "Exodus"? Cool

Greetings, Lutz.

Well, I think there was something like it...

Do you think it's possible that they could have made up the whole story out of nothing?

Well, of course! Jews, after all, are famous for their frivolity and stupidity. They haven't contributed a darned thing to civilization and all their Noble Prizes were handed out by mistake. Laughing Just kidding, of course. Only people who don't know a blessed thing about Jewish life would make such a claim as "there was no exodus"....

Please, what is in this context here now this mischief? Has anyone here the contribution of Jewish artists, scientists or authors to the world heritage / kowledge doubted? I do not think so... And if you want to insinuate such, it is an effrontery.

However, I do not see how this contribution is an evidence that an exodus as described in the 5 fairy books took place (that is what we talk about here, not about the well known emigration to and from Egypt, a reality at any time of the history of this country over thousands of years). That's just ridiculous. The historical credibility of the authors who brought these texts in the known editorial constitution, about 2600 years ago, increases not by the contribut to heritage of Jews in later time!?! And, my dear, don`t worry. You are not the only one here who knows one thing or the other about Jewish life and history...

SidneyF wrote:
... What about Manetho? ...

Good question... Have you read his works? Can you tell which sources he used? I think we can agree on a clear NO for both??!!

Around the same time as Manetho for Ptolemy I wrote his work, were not there even Jewish scribes, at the invitation of the king, in Alexandria with the translation of the Pentateuch into Greek employees? Is it unlikely that Manetho knew about it? Is it unlikely that he personally had contact with them? Is it completely excluded that their thought and work also as a source for him served?

One of the major Manetho-Tradition offers to us Flavius Josephus, Jewish historian on behalf of Rome. He had no ideological and personal interests that his people stand well before the Romans?

Lutz
SidneyF
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robson wrote:
A hereditary case of psoriasis (both Thutmose II and Hatshepsut had it), hardly can be diagnosed as smallpox.

Psoriasis? I hope you're joking.
SidneyF
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz wrote:
SidneyF wrote:
Eio wrote:
Lutz wrote:

There was an "Exodus"? Cool

Greetings, Lutz.

Well, I think there was something like it...

Do you think it's possible that they could have made up the whole story out of nothing?

Well, of course! Jews, after all, are famous for their frivolity and stupidity. They haven't contributed a darned thing to civilization and all their Noble Prizes were handed out by mistake. Laughing Just kidding, of course. Only people who don't know a blessed thing about Jewish life would make such a claim as "there was no exodus"....

Please, what is in this context here now this mischief? Has anyone here the contribution of Jewish artists, scientists or authors to the world heritage / kowledge doubted? I do not think so... And if you want to insinuate such, it is an effrontery.

You should look up the term "irony".

However, I do not see how this contribution is an evidence that an exodus as described in the 5 fairy books

That's as far as we go. For a German national to make such a statement about books world Jewry holds sacred shows no shame whatsoever. We haven't forgotten yet, Lutz. And nobody ever will.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addendum / correction...

Following religious studies the creation of the first complete Septuaginta was around 250 - 100 BC. It is suspected for Alexandria, the intellectual and cultural center of the former world, under Ptolemy II. The story with the 72 translators from the so called "Aristeas Letter" is for secure a legend, incidentally also taken up and embellished by Flavius ​​Josephus...

One must probably assume that the real reason for the translation of the Torah into Greek (Septuaginta) was the growing Jewish community in Alexandria. Addressees were also Hellenistic Judaism and the Gentile upper classes in the former East, influenced by Hellenism. Contacts between the Egyptian and the Jewish taught community are with some secure more than just probable.
Robson
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SidneyF wrote:

Psoriasis? I hope you're joking.

I am not joking. There are many different forms of psoriasis and pustular psoriasis cases can be quite ugly. All types of psoriasis have a strong hereditary component.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SidneyF wrote:
That's as far as we go. For a German national to make such a statement about books world Jewry holds sacred shows no shame whatsoever. We haven't forgotten yet, Lutz. And nobody ever will.

Finally plain text. Exactly this outrageous insults and insinuations against my person solely on the basis of my nationality, I actually suspected from the beginning behind your statements. Thanks for the confirmation.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sydney F wrote:
You should look up the term "irony"....

And you should check the concept of religious freedom. It does also include not to believe. And then there are in the end just only 5 books full of fairy tales... archaeologically not verifiable.
SidneyF
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz wrote:
SidneyF wrote:

Finally plain text. Exactly this outrageous insults and insinuations against my person solely on the basis of my nationality, I actually suspected from the beginning behind your statements. Thanks for the confirmation.

Well, well--what could possibly be behind your consistent campaign of insults directed at me? Which, BTW, nobody has tried to stop except to give you a little slap on the wrist. I believe the reprimand was "Play nice". Except you don't play nice and have single-handedly ruined this forum, in my opinion. So I'm the second person to quit publicly in 2 months time--which says nothing at all about those who just wander silently away. This forum is toxic. Time to wash off the crap.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, until today I did not know that you are / see yourself as Hebrew / Jewish woman. Therefore your assertion is just mischief.

And to the other ... What you scold me here throw other people in front of you ... For example someone in Australia comes to my mind. So, always nice to keep the balls flat and clear first before your own door, my dear.
Robson
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SidneyF wrote:
For a German national to make such a statement about books world Jewry holds sacred shows no shame whatsoever. We haven't forgotten yet, Lutz. And nobody ever will.

What a low blow! Sad
SidneyF
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz wrote:
Now, until today I did not know that you are / see yourself as Hebrew / Jewish woman. Therefore your assertion is just mischief.

And to the other ... What you scold me here throw other people in front of you ... For example someone in Australia comes to my mind. So, always nice to keep the balls flat and clear first before your own door, my dear.

You don't know anything of the sort. Lutz used to write me private messages--in German. He knows very well I'm from Germany, too. Because I told him.
SidneyF
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's your psoriasis.

Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SidneyF wrote:
Lutz wrote:

You don't know anything of the sort. Lutz used to write me private messages--in German. He knows very well I'm from Germany, too. Because I told him.

That is a lie / not true. I know up to now not the slightest about your nationality, where you come from or currently live. From the PM`s raised by you I knew only that you can read German and, not perfect but, also write it. Here is an example in which you yourself think in relative terms about your German...

PM by Sidney F, from Mon January 14, 2013 6:29 pm:

Quote:
Ja, das waren die Artiklen, und ich werde dankbar fur die andere wegen die Zeit von Hatschepsut. Ach, mein Deutsch!

Grusse

Sid

How to know from this type of formulation and writing that you're from Germany is a mystery to me. A German would have written the following:

"Ja, das waren die Artikel und ich wäre auch dankbar für die anderen zum Thema Hatschepsut."
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have taken action and would now request that this thread get back on topic, otherwise I will just lock it. Thank you.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robson wrote:
A hereditary case of psoriasis (both Thutmose II and Hatshepsut had it), hardly can be diagnosed as smallpox.

Was there not also the idea that this could be the result of the mummification and a special product / chemical used during it is the reason?

Greetings, Lutz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: