Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3D Replica of King Tut Mummy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: 3D Replica of King Tut Mummy Reply with quote

I guess this topic already exists as this news is from a few years back, but I couldn't find it in a quick search so thought I would post it and see.

Has anyone seen this replica of Tut's mummy made using computer software and 3D printing?

Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ4TCR9WoLY

And what are your thoughts?

I find the fact it's seen as acceptable to do this as unsettling. For me the thought that anything in nature can be taken, broken down into computer code and processed through a computer rendering an exact copy like this is a sobering thought when you take into account what prospects this kind of technology may have with future self aware AI.

I realize the copy preserves the original, however I just think a line needs to be drawn somewhere when it comes to treating human remains in a dignified manner. Their seems to be no emotion involved when dealing with Tut's remains, despite the fact behind all the hype surrounding him is a real person.

Anyway you couldn't get a better example of the ancient world and modern world's colliding than this project.
dzama923
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This brings to mind all the mummies on display in the museums. I've been to Peru where they have their archeological mummies on display. It seems like the same transgression of the mummy's peace in some ways. That's nature though right? Everything goes through change even the fossils are exposed after thousands of years, millions even, and they go somewhere else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: