Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where DidtThe Word "EGYPT" come from ??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Art and Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isisinacrisis wrote:

I also read somewhere that apparently the actors in reconstructions in some recent docu's are native Egyptians. Smile Can't remember where I saw that, but it makes sense...

I really like this trend. It makes the re-enactments look much more authentic.
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely. It lends such an air of credibility and reality to these specials. I like that serious documentary producers have adopted this practice. The Brad Pitt types may be pretty to look at, but stick them in a linen kilt or loin cloth and the whole documentary just looks like a bunch of pasty Europeans on vacation.
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! That's so true.

I think I saw that comment about the documentaries on some other forum I used to lurk at-it said that's what the more sophisticated Discovery channel etc docs are doing. Not sure how true it is, but as I said, it makes sense.
They should do that with movies too. That would really make them authentic. I see that the British Museum have recently been showing some really old films about ancient Egypt-and they are Egyptian films, filmed in Egypt, with Egyptian actors, that also means they have to be subtitled from Arabic. I'm not sure how good they are but I suppose they would be more authentic looking than Hollywood...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Art and Literature All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: