Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Future of the UK
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer Westminister over the alternatives out their, we could be a lot worse off.
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the point we are both trying to make here is that government has lost all credability.

It's all just a popularity contest at the end of the day. You just need to look at the way celebrities are starting to tell us what to do and deciding our political agenda. This problem of not being qualified is endemic in politics with most politicians not having the qualifications needed to do their jobs correctly. Everyone else has to slug it out and get a degree to find work in their chosen field, why should politicians be any different.

I guess this is what happens when you have lawyers going into politics in droves.

Three celebrities speaking at the UN in one week. Give me a break Rolling Eyes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2764583/Harry-Potter-star-Emma-Watson-says-experienced-sexism-age-eight-speech-UN-Goodwill-Ambassador-Women.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2766872/Leonardo-DiCaprio-brings-star-wattage-United-Nations-Climate-Summit-finally-joins-Instagram-word-out.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2769681/I-m-woman-mother-I-want-reach-women-Victoria-Beckham-speaks-UN-named-goodwill-ambassador.html
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These 'sensetive ethnics' are wearing thin.
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the live BBC coverage from the house of commons as British MP's debate the use of airstrikes in Iraq. Outcome is still undecided.
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems the children of these politicians are no better.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/sarah-palin-breaks-silence-family-feud-article-1.1948012

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mhastings/chelsea-clinton-***dork-diva-struggles-at-nb#is4ydg
Iker
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a recent headline in the UK Daily Telegraph says a lot:
"MPs to be taught 'difference between right and wrong'"

Westminster is soaked in fraud. The expenses scandal hasn't really made any significant change in their attitude which isn't one of public service but of self-service and self-interest. The Welfare to Work to industry is one gigantic scam and they all have their snout in trough. Isfet, not Maat, reigns in Westminster. It seems everything they do is wrong. They have made one almighty mess of the Middle East and the so called Arab Spring. They have played a big part in the destruction of Libya and all those people drowning in the Med trying to escape from the mess they have created. It was a great media frenzy and photo shoot opportunity for Cameron and Co at the time but one thing was missing - common sense.

The young Bob Dylan wrote a song called " Masters of War" and gave his thoughts on those who made war for their own sakes
Quote:
"Even Jesus would never Forgive what you do,
Let me ask you one question
Is your money that good
Will it buy you forgiveness
Do you think that it could
I think you will find
When your death takes its toll
All the money you made
Will never buy back your soul"

They decide today on trying to undo another of their disasters in Iraq brought about through Blair. He is now a multi-millionaire but his hands are covered in blood as a "Master of War".

The corrupt in Westminster cynically waged war against the weak in our country in order to blame them for something they never did - i.e bringing the economy to its knees in 2008. There was no prison for the rich that brought this about but pity the sick, disabled an unemployed who have no voice and who live in a state of fear through ingenious schemes made up by evil people who profit out of their persecution. Truly they are "Masters of War" just like the ones who profit out of armed combat.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-brain-damage-uncontrolled-epilepsy-4305508

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/09/david-clapson-benefit-sanctions-death-government-policies

As you suggest incompetence is a huge problem. One incompetent in high position can destroy a organization because they tend to employ people even more incompetent than themselves. In the past independent civil servants could steer an idiot minister away from foolish moves but Westminster is now so corrupt that the Civil service is filled with fools who throw billions away through their incompetence ( fraud?). When they appoint an ex-Sun editor to a senior Civil service PR role then you knew something is really rotten. He even looks as if he stepped out of the Soprano's and that is the way he behaves in practice.
http://www.prweek.com/article/1295163/dwp-comms-head-richard-caseby-vendetta-spat-guardian
Iker
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Five years ago next month, The Telegraph began publishing its exposé of MPs’ expenses, triggering the most explosive British political scandal of the modern era. At the time, the extraordinary revelations of abuse by some MPs – complete with jaw-dropping details of fraud, fake receipts, claims for ornamental duck houses and moat-cleaning – caused such a sensation that it seemed for a while as though the Palace of Westminster..... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/10761548/MPs-expenses-A-scandal-that-will-not-die.html

Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information, I had completely forgotten about that expenses scandal.

You people in the UK have so many problems!

I just fail to understand why people don't want to do the right thing by others.
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you find it strange that soon after the gaff about the Queen, a gaff about Cameron appears in the media?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2774991/Stop-bragging-Queen-Dave-Prime-Minister-caught-revealing-details-private-conversations-monarch-time-mocking-rare-artworks.html

What about this latest Queen event. Seems despite being a celebrity herself even the Queen is a victim of celebrity, using this honour as an excuse to meet Angelina and leave a lasting impression. Infact now I think of it all the people the Queen bestows honours on are celebrities. Diminishes her own credability. How can she not realize this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2788029/angelina-jolie-meets-queen-buckingham-palace-officially-receive-honorary-damehood.html

I went cold on Brad and Angelina after discovering the refugee concern only came about after she was approached by that organization to take up the matter. It wasn't something she thought of on her own. Just a rebranding opportunity to transform into Saint Angelina.

It's frustrating to hear Angelina tell us how we all need to do more to help the less fortunate when you look at the priviledged childhood she had growing up. One of elaborate designer dresses even at a young age. She has never wanted for anything and never known what it was like to not have money. She had the luxury of being able to magnify molehills into mountains, the result of a self absorbed spoilt childhood. Even today she can't talk without mentiong herself. It's all about her. And then when she discovered what the world really is like outside of her gilded cage she acts like she has the weight of the world on her shoulders.

Even the cancer was skewed with her forgetting to metion 99% of women don't carry that gene meaning such drastic surgery is not an advantage to most women and could do more harm than good.

Then she has the nerve to say stuff like " I don't read those magazines. Their not who I am". Meaninwhile photos of her "secret" wedding appear across the front cover of those exact same magazines the world over.

It's all just a game.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/annehelenpetersen/angelina-jolies-perfect-game#is4ydg

The Queen presenting this honour to Angelina is just the result of selective discrimination employed by women and the media. Rolling Eyes
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvK_tv2W7P0

Just saw this interview with Angelina and can not believe how nasty she is when she is talking without a filter. Their is a difference between saying something that is general knowledge, superficial and politically incorrect to get a laugh compared to something that is wierd and really personal. I think the only reason people are laughing at her comments is because of the nature of the show. The way she implies the host is putting on a facade and is a deviant was just her doing the only thing she does well, and that is showing contempt for anyone and everyone.

And then after criticizing the host she goes on to talk about how she feels repressed when people criticize her. I just lost all interest in Angelina after hearing that comment.

I can't beleive I got sucked into her facade of humanitarian and purchased her book 'Notes from my travels'.

In my effort to help her refugee cause resonating with people I wrote a e-mail to her with a movie idea telling her how 'GITS SAC' anime has some really thoughful and interesting plots revolving around refugees and how instead of focusing on war or statistics like she does perhaps if she personalised refugees and went about the issue from the way refugees are a symptom of multi-faceted issues in society that she would have a better chance at creating awareness about them with a younger audiance. I never got a reply and the e-mail was sent a month ago. I mean why leave a contact if you have no intention of replying in a timely manner? Just don't bother leaving one if your not interested in getting fan mail.

Angelina Jolies war movie Unbroken is coming out and I am sure it will be a big hit and everyone will rave about it and her. Everything she does is headline news it just shows how deluded the general public really is.

Now I know why she got the silicon implants. It's because she has her head so far up her own backside she needs the buoyancy so she can float to the surface every once and a while to take a gulp of air.
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok maybe I was a bit overly harsh their. I think Angelina does a hell of a lot of good and when you compare her to other starlets in Hollywood she is comparable to none in bringing awareness to real issues. She also doesn't come across as superficial the way the rest of them all do.

However like most I find the preachy way she and all the other philanthropists carry on nauseating. I just think they should be a bit more creative when trying to get their message across instead of just chanting the same old tired mantra.
Iker
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know her and am not into celebrity culture but I guess if I was sick or hungry person living in a poor country who got what I needed through the efforts of the celebs then "thank you" would be my response no matter what their motivation was.
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not into celeb culture either, but its unavoidable as our society was founded on it with gods and royalty taking up the same roles that celebs do today.

I hate how celebs never put all that effort and money into sorting out their own backyard first. Thats why I am skeptical of the philanthrophic mantra.

Noboy would have given Angelina a second thought if she didn't look the way she did. Her looks make her appeal to the mainstream, and that is the only reason for why her views are taken seriously.

Although Angelina has done much more good than other women in similar positions and given us a lot more meaningful topics to think about. Look at the Queen of the UK. All she has done is do a bit of travelling and shake hands with VIP's her whole life. She has never contributed any meaningful wisdom. Infact the only talent I see she has is the ability to look sour and constipated at the same time.

What annoys me with celebs is they make all this money from being in the public eye then whinge about being in the public eye. It's the same with the royals, always whinging about how it is such an inconveniance to be in the public eye. Hardly. I find celebs and royalty couldn't get more distance between themselves and the common person if they tried. It's just a one way street with them where everything is on their terms. So boring and predictable the way they play on the victim mentality. Give me their lives anyday and the money and power that goes along with it.
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it was Alex Salmond's brown eyes that lost him that election. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the real reason why people didn't vote yes. All he did for the people of Scotland, devoting his life to this moment, only to have it thrown back in his face and end up being crapped all over. Thanks Scotland. He should distance himself from politics and go pursue a career where he will be appreciated for what he does. What a waste of a life, the poor guy, I almost feel sorry for him, except I could have told him from the start having brown eyes would get him nowhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: