Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Free Speech
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hello,

Just wanting to know what the rules are before making a post. Can anyone point me in the right direction? i.e. what can I put into a post and what is banned, etc?

Also, do the users and owners of this forum believe in free speech? In other words, if someone was to have a totally new idea within Egyptology, would that person be banned or would they be permitted to present their idea? How open to new ideas and free speech is this forum and the Egyptology community in general?

Thanks.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

" Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Announcements -> Reincarnation, Spacemen, Fringe Theories, At-lantis, etc..."

Greetings, Lutz.
Free Speech
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz wrote:
" Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Announcements -> Reincarnation, Spacemen, Fringe Theories, At-lantis, etc..."

Greetings, Lutz.

I am not pushing these fringe theories but debunking them. Is that permitted?
Free Speech
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you also let me know the rules on posting links? Some of my ideas are unique to me and I do not have the time to re-write my work, which is on my blo-g. I do not profit from my blo-g. It is purely for information purposes.

Is it the word 'blo-g' that is preventing this message from going through?
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the rules are explained here:

http://forum.egyptiandreams.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2

Stick to them and you'll be fine. Break them and you'll be banned. And don't kid yourself there is any such thing as free speach; it doesn't exist.

If you are the person that signed up the other day to purely post a page of links to your blog, well that will get you banned every time.
Free Speech
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:

Stick to them and you'll be fine. Break them and you'll be banned. And don't kid yourself there is any such thing as free speach; it doesn't exist.

If you are the person that signed up the other day to purely post a page of links to your blog, well that will get you banned every time.

Is it impossible to link to articles I have written?
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a discussion board, for discussing. If you have signed up purely to post links to your external site then that is not allowed.

You are allowed to post links within your discussions, as do other posters.

You are not allowed to just post "I've written about such and such, see it here." without any actual content within your post, as you did the other day.

If you want people to go and visit your site without actually posting any content or discussion here I'm quite happy to discuss advertising rates with you.
Free Speech
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:
This is a discussion board, for discussing. If you have signed up purely to post links to your external site then that is not allowed.

You are allowed to post links within your discussions, as do other posters.

You are not allowed to just post "I've written about such and such, see it here." without any actual content within your post, as you did the other day.

If you want people to go and visit your site without actually posting any content or discussion here I'm quite happy to discuss advertising rates with you.

Thanks for explaining what is expected in a post. I am not trying to promote my blo-g but pass on some ideas. I shall write a post outlining my ideas and post links at the bottom to back them up. I hope that will be acceptable.

I would like to point out that the pyramids still remain one of the world's greatest mysteries and as such deserve open debate on even the craziest of ideas because one day one of them will solve the puzzle. In this field, new ideas should be welcomed.
Free Speech
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted on the pyramids, tombs and monuments forum because that is where I felt it was most fitting. The 'General Discussions' forum says it is about things other than Egypt, but my post is in part about Egypt. Hopefully you will give it a fair hearing.
Medjay Archer
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:

Can you elaborate? Why isn't there free speech? Under this forum format...or was it a general statement about discourses?
Kmt is not a racial term nor a reference to the black silt deposited on the Nile valley, but an expression of "standing on place wherein food is plenty, allowing to stop moving like the neighbouring nomads". -Asar Imhotep
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free speech in general is a nice idea but there are limits to what you can actually say freely. Go outside and start shouting racist comments and see how quickly that 'free speech' gets you arrested, beaten or killed. Spout lies about somebody and you will usually find yourself being sued for deformation or libel. You just simply are not 'free' to say what you like when you want.

It is usually people that want to cause controversy or stir up trouble that hide behind 'free speech'.

This forum has rules and regulations, so no, you are not free to post whatever you like. Free speech doesn't exist here or on any other forum I've ever visited. Somebody is always getting banned somewhere for trying to exercise their "free speech".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Say Hello All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: