Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Future of the UK
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: Future of the UK Reply with quote

Has anyone else been watching the Scotland referendum?

As someone from Australia who will be impacted by a possible break up of the UK I have to wonder what others think of all this, especially those of you in the UK.

I can understand the desire for independence, especially in light of the negativity of the no campaign. But I can also understand the arguments for keeping the union in that it provides stability for the region. But I do kind of feel the UK would not be in this situation if Scotland did not feel it had been neglected.

What surprised me is the little media coverage of this issue, something which only materialized this week. If it was any other country we were talking about possibly breaking up the media would have been reporting about it for months and years in advance. But their was no coverage of this until the last week or so here.

To me this is a sign of just how manipulative our western controlled media are. I mean we hear about a reference to the break of the Soviet Union on a weekly basis in the media it seems whenever their is a story referencing Russia. Yet on this issue, the possible break up of one of the most significant global powers that still has influence over a vast territory in Canada and Australia, nothing.

As I am writing this the outcome of this vote is still undecided.
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotland voted no. This whole event will just be a bleep on the radar which will be forgotten by tomorrow.

I used to have respect for the Queen but sadly telling people to think very carefully about how they should vote during a Sunday mass doesn't do anything to endear her to the average person. If anything it shows just how out of touch she is. The royal family using the promise of hosting the Invictus Games in Scotland just lost my respect for them, I mean using a tournament set up for the wounded soliders who fought in their unnecissary war for their own political gain is just so wrong.

Anyway the pound still has it's value, I guess that's all the matters to most people sadly.
Iker
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Future of the UK Reply with quote

Quote:
What surprised me is the little media coverage of this issue, something which only materialized this week. If it was any other country we were talking about possibly breaking up the media would have been reporting about it for months and years in advance. But their was no coverage of this until the last week or so here.

I have been around the block a few times but there been nothing like this in living memory. The mass media became the voice of the establishment and a tool of overt propaganda. The BBC is supposed to be bound by its charter but it is now run by the rich for the rich and brazenly supported the NO campaign by suppression and distortion of information.

"Scottish independence, How the media shafted the people of Scotland"
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/16/media-shafted-people-scotland-journalists

How could this come about? In part I think that in the wake of the 2008 economic collapse, brought about the greed of Wall St and the City of London, they pulled of the biggest robbery in history when the the rich had their losses paid by the poorer sectors of society. That they got away with it has shown them, if they needed any reminder, how powerful the modern media is in controlling the masses.

Quote:
To me this is a sign of just how manipulative our western controlled media are. I mean we hear about a reference to the break of the Soviet Union on a weekly basis in the media it seems whenever their is a story referencing Russia. Yet on this issue, the possible break up of one of the most significant global powers that still has influence over a vast territory in Canada and Australia, nothing.

Nobody believed the state press in the Soviet Union and the BBC was little better during the independence debate- a fallen organization.

Politics.co.uk
"We have witnessed a total breakdown in political legitimacy"
http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2014/09/19/we-have-witnessed-a-total-breakdown-in-political-legitimacy
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for the reply and thoughful observations. The information in the links you provided is very interesting.

Being of Scottish ancestory myself on both sides of my family I had a geuine interest in this vote.

The disconnect between the rich and poor, the media and reality, happening at this time not just in the UK, but here in Australia, is worrying. The last thing anyone wants is out of touch establishments leading to a disaffected public and the instability that comes with that, as seen in the rest of the world.
Iker
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrismackint wrote:
Being of Scottish ancestory myself on both sides of my family I had a geuine interest in this vote.

If you are not already familiar with it then the web site Wings over Scotland is likely to be of interest. The articles with comments over the past few days show the extent of hostility towards the BBC. It came as no surprise to me because it has been the voice box for an unelected government over the past 4 years who have made the sick, disabled, unemployed pay for the crimes of the rich.

Slave labour (with the Salvation Army one of the Christian slave drivers) has been brought back to the UK, hate crimes against the disabled have shot up through the mass media spinning the tale that that it is all fake.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9626664/Disability-hate-crimes-rise-by-a-quarter-in-a-year.html.
We now have food banks which would have been a shameful thing to have said a few years ago but now society is conditioned to accept because organization like the BBC didn't allow any articulate questioning of such an introduction.

That almost half of Scotland voted YES despite the most massive propaganda campaign which has ever been mounted in the mass media in these isles in modern times isn't something to be sad about. Those people voted for liberty, social justice, an end to slave labour, food banks and the corruption of Westminster and that is a big candle of hope. The NO vote was essentially about fear and self-interest.
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm concerned by the negative political agendas the media pursues, I'm tired of the refugee, climate change and feminisim agendas we are being brainwashed with on a daily basis that condition us into a psyche of self hate.

The Scotland vote has proved to me that worrying about politics is a waste of time. Life is too precious and short to get caught up in politics.
Iker
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm concerned by the negative political agendas the media pursues, I'm tired of the refugee, climate change and feminisim agendas we are being brainwashed with on a daily basis that condition us into a psyche of self hate.

I don't know why you should get tired about caring for things which are indeed important nor why it should engender self-hate. That a person cares for other people is sign they are alive and not dead above ground. Sure there are times when evil seems to be all around and the tears of Re from which we are born seem not to be tears of joy. This has happened at differernt times in Egyptian history and gave rise to a particular genre of literature, e.g "Dialogue between a man and his ba" in which the person who cares about things begins to hate the surrounding world which is corrupt.

You do not give specific details as to the brainwashing you think is taking place in the subjects you mention but my solution is to disconnect the TV and be selective over what I read.

Quote:
The Scotland vote has proved to me that worrying about politics is a waste of time. Life is too precious and short to get caught up in politics.

Towards the tail end of the New Kingdom we have the so called "era of personal piety" reaching it's zenith. There was greater emphasis (at least in surviving texts) of a more personal relationship with the divine (imo this is overstated - it was always there to degree in a world that entirely animated with spirits). The Instruction of Amenemope is a remarkable text from this era but, agreeing with Erman, it might be read by some as a tract for quietism, i.e ignore the surrounding travails and retreat into a contemplative world that shuts out what you might call "politics".

My doubt is this: Is it morally/ethically correct to shut out the external world and allow the triumph of evil? Is it correct to say "this isn't my problem" (an Ayn Rand kind of response) and I'm ok so why should I disturb my peace? Was the strain of quietism that may have arisen around the time of Amenemope a response (perhaps prophetic) to what was to going to happen to Ancient Egypt in the last millenia or did it actually help bring about the decline through encouraging passive resignation?

The Tale of Eloquent Peasant certainly isn't a tract for quietism and nor is it simply a poor man defending his rights against the thieving of the rich. Breasted highlighted the call for social justice that appears in many texts and the Eloquent Peasant wasn't about to see it trampled on by the indifferent rich.

Whilst quietism, in my opinion, certainly does have a place in everyones life I don't think it can be defended on practical grounds as a way of life except for people who think they have a special calling. It is similar, at least to me, to the issue of pacifism. Absolute pacifism can allow evil to triumph.
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't take any notice of what I say, I'm just bitter and twisted about the world.
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*rolls eyes*

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/jul/29/when-celebrities-become-philanthropists

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/fashion/ad-nauseum-messages-bono-designer-wife-ali-hewson-louis-vuitton-fit-ad-article-1.207447

http://www.themonthly.com.au/issue/2014/march/1393592400/andrew-mcmillen/jarrod-bleijie-takes-bikies

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-style/kim-kardashian-talks-babies-bad-days-booty-and-what-she-really-thinks-of-australian-women/story-fn9076o9-1227057000953

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/taxpayers-will-fork-out-at-least-60-million-in-free-legal-advice-for-asylum-seekers-this-year/story-e6freuy9-1226296395878
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is gold Laughing

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/scotland-referendum-british-prime-minister-david-cameron-said-queen-elizabeth-ii-purred-over-result/story-fnisprwn-1227068488351
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/09/23/Obama-s-Disrespectful-Latte-Salute-Shocks-and-Offends
Iker
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrismackint wrote:
This is gold Laughing

Well The Golden in one her forms is definately associated with Queenship but "purring"? I'm told mountain lions can purr but are they anglican?
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iker wrote:
Well The Golden in one her forms is definately associated with Queenship but "purring"? I'm told mountain lions can purr but are they anglican?

Applause

I was going to throw in a joke, but fear this gaff is just another manipulation by the media.

And I quote a comment I found.

‘Leaks from the royal family are deliberate but meant to look unintended.

Example, Prince Charles likening Vladimir Putin to Hitler, in reference to the Ukraine coup some months ago. Funny how his remarks reflected the official media line and not the reality well documented by geopolitics experts. Moreover, Prince Phillip also had two sisters married to senior Nazi officers, one a high-ranking SS officer.

Don't trust royal leaks. They are political lies, either factual lies or lies about on their intentions.

"Leaks from the royal family are deliberate but meant to look unintended".

Of course they are. You cannot hold unelected power generation after generation without being a consumate manipulator. The palace can turn the media on & off like a tap.’

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/david-cameron-says-the-queen-purred-down-the-line-over-scottish-vote-9751545.html

Cameron knew he was being recorded and the media took the bait. Nothing said in public these days is spontaneous. Everything is prepared by a team of writers in advance with careful calculation as to it's impact. In essence this whole thing has just been a tactic to trivialize the whole Scottish referendum and turned it into a joke in the English publics eyes. Nobody will take the prospect of Scottish independece seriosuly ever again because of it.

What interests me is that Bloomberg says something after Cameron jokes about the polling companies where something about the media is mentioned.

Regarding the royal comment funnily it wasn't until I read that comment and followed it up that I realized Phillips relatives were married to Nazi's. How did I not ever know that. Phillips public comments don't leave much to the imagination regarding his political views. I wonder what they think of baby George and those big brown eyes.

The two realize where they are, walking through the headquarters of Bloombergs media company. The joke is on us. #Popcornsmile
Iker
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
‘Leaks from the royal family are deliberate but meant to look unintended.

Our library doesn't have headphones so I can't comment on what Cameron said but I know his predecessor (Gordon Brown) got caught out by having a radio mic left switched on by (Sky?) after an interview which caused red faces and may have cost him a majority in Westminster at the last election.

The text you quote is from comments posted by readers rather than by newspaper. I doubt that the Queen would have sanctioned that kind of leak because it will have not only hardened the YES vote but now it may have turned a large part of it away from monarchy, i.e she would likely have still been Queen of an independent Scotland. If it was a deliberate leak by Cameron then it was incredibly stupid imo.

A monarchy should be store of values for a community which provides a safe anchor despite the up and downs and here-today-gone-tomorrow fashion trends and spins of politicians. In Egypt Maat gave a golden thread of continuity that, along with the monarchy, held the fabric of country together when it worked.

I think there is a certainly a role for modern monarchy so long as it is rooted in the good and well-being of the entire nation and doesn't only represent a small, albeit powerful, section. IMO the royal family could do with a visit from the Eloquent Peasant who reminds them of what monarchy and power is meant to be used for. They will not get that from rich politicians who have no conception of how a large section of the population lives and thinks nothing of introducing slave labour and persecuting (I do not use the word lightly) the sick, disabled and unemployed.
Iker
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the leak was deliberate then I don't think it has contributed to what was intended. The YES campaign group Wings Over Scotland has reported:
Quote:
"Astonishingly, Wings has added an EXTRA 140,000 READERS in a week since the referendum, despite an already-reduced post frequency. Our Twitter following has rocketed from 20,000 to almost 32,000 in the last 18 days. I got home to a flood of donations. And most remarkably of all, the SNP, Greens and SSP have all more than DOUBLED their membership in a week, with the Nats incredibly overtaking the UK Lib Dems for paid-up members."

That the YES vote got almost half the vote was incredible in view of the biggest mobilisation and propaganda campaign mounted by the mass media in modern times.

Quote:
Scotland is served by 37 national or daily newspapers. Not one supports independence. (The only publication to back a Yes vote is a weekly, the Sunday Herald.) Newspapers have no duty to be fair or balanced, but when Scotland faces a decision as big as the one it’ll make on September 18th, the press being so overwhelmingly skewed to one side is a problem for democracy. http://theweebluebook.com/about-the-wee-blue-book.php

At present Cameron and that den of corruption called Westminster (along with the media which is run by their fellow rich or well to do) are doing everything they can, unwittingly, to bring about the very thing they think they have buried - independence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: