Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

11th Regnal Stela of Psamtik I

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Art and Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Medjay Archer
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject: 11th Regnal Stela of Psamtik I Reply with quote

Hi,

I wished to have found it on my own capabilities, but after nearly complete research, contact with a scholar whose book contained the stela in question, etc.
I'm reaching a dead end again.

I possess both the transliteration and translation, but, as usual, the original facsimile is hard to reach.

They are two sources where the facsimiles could be found. I contacted Mr. Der Manuelian, but no responses. Even buying their own article leaves them unfazed (he's not the first scholar I contacted).

Anyways, the primary source, its original discoverer and publisher, is Hans Goedicke who published it in the MIDAIK 18.
Ah, these 10% preview of books are such teaser...

Best description about the stela here. In french though.

It would have been easier to retrace the stela if it had an access number to begin with. Nonetheless, it is pretty obvious it is not a widely published stela. I wished to stumble upon modern photograph of it, but given the fragmentary state, likely, the Cairo Museum keeps it in their preservation rooms.

Regards,

MA
Kmt is not a racial term nor a reference to the black silt deposited on the Nile valley, but an expression of "standing on place wherein food is plenty, allowing to stop moving like the neighbouring nomads". -Asar Imhotep
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at your e-mail account ... And thanks, once more, to Michael Tilgner. Cool

Greetings, Lutz.
Medjay Archer
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To contact Mr. Tilgner, I suppose I have to make an account at EEF, right?
Kmt is not a racial term nor a reference to the black silt deposited on the Nile valley, but an expression of "standing on place wherein food is plenty, allowing to stop moving like the neighbouring nomads". -Asar Imhotep
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Art and Literature All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: