Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KV40 and princess remains

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evarelap
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:54 am    Post subject: KV40 and princess remains Reply with quote

Hi, I am a new user to the forum. I am not a Egyptologist or an expert by any means in AE but I do enjoy reading about all the latest discoveries and evidence from the Amarna period. This forum has been very fun in the past months for me as I have obtained sources and information well beyond what is actually available at Amazon. So I decided to join the forum and participate in discussions.

I recently travelled to Egypt and learned of the KV40 mummies discovered around May last year. Reports say "princesses" were found inside the tomb. I have been trying to find more info on these mummies because news report in Egypt say these are from Amenhotep III's reign. But any chance for any of the dissapeared Amarna princesses to be found here? Maybe they moved them to this tomb where other royal princesses and princes were already buried?

I also read the tomb was burned by robbers in the past so some of the mummies were only remains, but others were intact.

If any one can share any links to info from the KV40 discovery besides reports from the news I would thank you for that. I have tried Google, but maybe someone has something like a journal not online?

Thanks.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Basel Egyptologists Identify Tomb of Royal Children" (29.04.2014)

"Bibliographie University of Basel Kings’ Valley Project & Preliminary Reports Seasons 2009 - 2014"

Greetings, Lutz.
evarelap
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: