Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tombs,Tombs, treasures, mummies by dennis forbes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kylejustin
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Tombs,Tombs, treasures, mummies by dennis forbes Reply with quote

Anyone read the first volume about the royal caches? Apparently it's a reprint of a 1998 book adding colour pics.
Ikon
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this book sitting on the table with me now. I never had the 1998 edition so I cannot say exactly what has been added, but yes, there are some color photos. What I have found very useful is that, and I guess here, at least three monochrome photos taken by Loret in KV35 are new to this 2015 edition. The first of these shows a far better view of the "mummy on a boat" than I have ever seen before. The other two are of Queen Tiye and her two companions in the side chamber phographed by Loret before he moved them. We are all very familair with the candlelit photo of these three that appears in many publications, but these "new" photos show that when found they were laid out in the order left to right of YL, prince and Queen Tiye. The first two had no wrappings on them at all apart from a small scrap on the prince's shins and Queen Tiye seems to be completely covered by wrappings. I notice that all three in these very first photos still have their feet attached, which is not the case today.
evarelap
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a scale from 1 to 5, is this book worth buying? Im thinking of buying only the first volume that has the Amarna cache photos.
Ikon
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately a five, excellent publication.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: