Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who was Neferneferaten?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maat wrote:
Lutz wrote:
Completely forgotten. Now, how fits your statement ...
Quote:
... Smenkhare Meritaten and Smenkhare Neferneferuaten in proper order of their successions to the throne. The daughter died before mother. ...

... to the inscription on the chest?

You're still with the inscription? ...

You did not answer my question. Admittedly, unsurprisingly ... But method? See my various questions in other threads ...

Quote:
... That you question the validity of Carter's notes is perfectly fine ...

I do not "question" them. His conclusions corresponded to the state of research of his time. But this state has developed and changed, we are writing the year 2019 ...
maat
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did answer.
The scarab informs about the identities (supported by other references in the tomb that I have not presented).
I can't force whether you understand or agree. There are no published references for me to cite. I've offered the reference for consideration.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maat wrote:
I did answer.
The scarab informs about the identities (supported by other references in the tomb that I have not presented).
I can't force whether you understand or agree. There are no published references for me to cite. I've offered the reference for consideration.

No you did not. I did`nt ask anything about the scarab (what there is to say about this object, I said ...).

I asked for the inscription on the chest, and how the persons mentioned in it you bring in accordance with your statement:
Quote:
... Smenkhare Meritaten and Smenkhare Neferneferuaten in proper order of their successions to the throne. The daughter died before mother. ....

maat
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not interested in the inscription because it is not relevant to me at this time and won't go hunting because that requires more time and effort than I think it's worth. I accept Carter's journal notes for reference.
Why is the inscription important?
maat
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The references that demonstrate "The daughter died before mother" were inside the tomb. I am withholding that for now. I am not asking that you believe me without demonstration but I put the note forward to inform that references did exist.
Montuhotep88
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maat wrote:
The references that demonstrate "The daughter died before mother" were inside the tomb. I am withholding that for now. I am not asking that you believe me without demonstration but I put the note forward to inform that references did exist.

"Hidden" references almost always turn out to be (a) nonexistent or (b) fraudulent.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maat wrote:
I'm not interested in the inscription ...

One of your main problems ...
maat
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montuhotep88 wrote:
maat wrote:

"Hidden" references almost always turn out to be (a) nonexistent or (b) fraudulent.

A fraudulent claim doesn't benefit me or my credibility. I admit when and if I am wrong. It takes nothing from me and to waste people's time is petty.

Michael Talbot in The Holographic Universe (1992, p.46) notes:
"A hidden order is always expressed and is known (even if not understood)..."

If the reference is "hidden" in the tomb of Tutankhamun then you simply have not recognized it. I am not talking about magical or mystical elements. I've chosen to withhold the reference because there are other things that must first be demonstrated.
Montuhotep88
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maat wrote:
I've chosen to withhold the reference because there are other things that must first be demonstrated.

Sorry; I'm not from Missouri, but the attitude is the same: "Show me."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: