Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

who would you be?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bastet_meow
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: who would you be? Reply with quote

if you could be someone in the ancient time who would you be.
i'll be Nefertari
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I woouldn't like to live in those times Very Happy
Wouldn't mind being an invisible time traveler though....

I would love to see the court of Ramses II. See all the main characters.
Or the court of Hatshepsut, or that of Akhenaten and Nefertiti...

There are many time periods I would love to see.
bastet_meow
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldn't like to live in those times either, health wise mainly. i don't mind just being the fly on the wall, or being nefertari for a day
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Ah yes, Queen for a day. I don't think many women would complain about that. I sure wouldn't mind...

I might just want to be one of the other Queens of the period to figure out who they were. Isetnofret was another Queen of Ramses II. I think even less is known about her than about Nefertari.

And I wouldn't mind observing someone like Princess/Queen Meryetamun or Princess/Queen Bintanat. These were daughters of Ramses II (by Nefertari and Isetnofret respectively) and were elevated to the position of Queen later on in their lives.

Have to admit I would like to see some of the jewelry they had. Must have been spectacular to see one of these royal ladies decked out in full royal splendour.
bastet_meow
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it's a girls dream to be princess or queen. ever since i was little i wanted to be a princess. my dad thought i meant princess of england or something, but i said i wanted to be princess of ancient egypt.

they are fascinating people with soooo much mistory to all of them. they all have a story to tell
Psusennes III
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to be a vizier at the end of the 3rd or the beginning of the 4th dynasty in order to learn more about the 3rd dynasty

Tom
Sesen
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the Amarna period - during which I would love to be a fly on the wall, I'd love to be in the 4th or late 3rd Dynasty to see just how those pyramids were really built.
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree with the time travel thing. Ancient Egypt--a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. It would be difficult to stay one step ahead of the plague and any one of a number of other diseases that wiped out whole villages at a time.

But if I had to live in that time and pick a certain personage, I don't think I'd want to be any of the most famous or powerful. Too much stress and tension, which I already have in excessive quantities, and too much danger. No, I'd rather be a well-regarded scribe...no one of great importance, but someone trusted and needed at court. I could sit there quietly and take it all in.

Of course, I could mix the time travel and scribe thing and get the best of both. I'd visit the 4th and 5th Dynasties, naturally the 18th Dynasty (Hatshepsut, Tuthmosis III, and the Amarna Period and its aftermath in particular), and stop by the 19th Dynasty to check out Ramesses II and Merenptah.
Psusennes III
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sesen wrote:
Aside from the Amarna period - during which I would love to be a fly on the wall, I'd love to be in the 4th or late 3rd Dynasty to see just how those pyramids were really built.

Well as we both want to go to the same period, couldn't you come along with me in another form than a fly? I will need some servants too you know Twisted Evil Wink
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psusennes III wrote:
Sesen wrote:

Well as we both want to go to the same period, couldn't you come along with me in another form than a fly? I will need some servants too you know Twisted Evil Wink

LOL Don't get your hopes up too high.... Laughing

Hmmm maybe you can carry around some of Sesen's belongings? You should be a gentleman.... Twisted Evil
Psusennes III
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anneke wrote:
Hmmm maybe you can carry around some of Sesen's belongings? You should be a gentleman....

uhm, on the second thought Rolling Eyes ... Idea Anneke wouldn't you reconsider to join us for a visit to the 4th dynasty (very interesting these pyramids you know) I'll need someone to carry Sesen's and my belongings Question
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psu wrote:
uhm, on the second thought ... Anneke wouldn't you reconsider to join us for a visit to the 4th dynasty (very interesting these pyramids you know) I'll need someone to carry Sesen's and my belongings

LOL I suggest a small donkey. They are bound to be more manageable than I would be.... They also don't talk back.... Laughing
Sesen
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

*sigh* Chivalry is dead

Donkeys can be stubborn little rascals too, might pay me just to learn the art of 'travelling light'. Would be nowhere for me to plug my hairdryer in anyways.
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you just do what the ancient Egyptians did when they built the pyramids? They knew the art of levitation and floated the massive stones into place, through thin air. I saw it somewhere on television once, so of course it must be true.

Right?
Sesen
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh Thats right - the aliens taught them. TV would'nt lie, as trustworthy as politicians it is...
Solves my 'travelling light' worries Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: