Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anti-spam routine timeout error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe S
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Anti-spam routine timeout error Reply with quote

I am trying to open a new topic as a new member, but the anti-spam routine returns a timeout error whenever I try to preview more than about 250 words at a time. Therefore, I am unable to upload the paper that I had written and had converted to BBCode format not even the three paragraph introduction. I considered breaking up the paper into small enough parts to get through, but that would make it more difficult to read.

Then, this weekend I remembered that my gmail account could host documents. I checked and it had a publish to web function that converts documents to html format and gives you a url to use for public access. So, I thought I had a workaround until I tried to preview the url and found out that it too was forbidden unless I removed the .c*m portion of google.c*m. I considered entering the url with the offending domain changed to .cXm, but it would be difficult to have to copy the url and edit the "X" back to an "o".

So, any recommendations? Should I just go ahead and enter the report in small chunks until the interface allows me to enter larger chunks? Should I enter the url with the .c...m replaced by .cXm for people to copy and edit? Im tempted to just go ahead and do both. Any preferences? Please advise.

Thanks!
Joe
Joe S
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Not a problem anymore Reply with quote

Entering the previous topic has apparently cured my problem with the anti-spam timeout error. I am now able to copy in and successfully preview my entire paper.

Problem solved!

Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Forum Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: