Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for information about exhibition

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dzama923
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Looking for information about exhibition Reply with quote

I am looking for information about the exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Natural History in New York City. I have been there three times in the past two years, as I live close to the New York City area, though I haven't found the information offered about the reconstruction of the temple very informative. It does not say much about the time period it was built or the purpose, to my memory. Does anyone have a bit more information about the type of temple and time period it was built, the reconstruction at the Met. Thanks.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Temple of Dendur" (The MET - Collection Record)

Cyril Aldred : [url=http://www.metmuseum.org/art/metpublications/The_Temple_of_Dendur_The_Metropolitan_Museum_of_Art_Bulletin_v_36_no_1_Summer_1978?Tag=&title=&author=&pt=0&tc={AD9356EC-5405-4B7F-8553-AE512ADC84F1}&dept=0&fmt=0#]The Temple of Dendur[/url]. - In: The Metropolitan Museum of Art Bulletin 36-1. - 1978. - 84 p.

Richard H. Wilkinson : The Complete Temples of Ancient Egypt. - London : Thames & Hudson, 2000. - ISBN : 0500051003. - 256 p.

Greetings, Lutz.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea why the link to "Met-Publikations" looks so strange ... Try this :

Cyril Aldred : The Temple of Dendur (1978)
dzama923
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first link looks good to me, it is what I was looking for. Thanks. Maybe the link is an American website? Sometimes they are coded country specific. Just a thought though, I am not sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Travel All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: