Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What got you interested in Ancient Egypt.....?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And she thinks I'm her humble servant

Does she "think" or does she "know"? Very Happy I can just picture a cat stretched out on the sofa or windowsill, looking all regal and content, a serene and complacent expression on its feline face. Cats are deities.

What other animal has nine lives?

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That reminds me of one of my favoutite sayings:

'Every life should have nine cats'
Leonelle
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Sorry to Necro)
I got into the idea of Ancient Egypt at about 5 or 6 when my dad had bought a book called "Mummies Unwrapped", and that had got me into it for a while. Between a friend who also had liked a bit of Egypt, and the discovery kids program "Tutenstein"(sp?) I always had a slight enjoyment.

Also *blush* not to sound annoying, but I was brought up in a very African-Proud household, and it made me feel proud about the idea of having such a civilized nation in little old Africa. (Though after much of my research they're a little more then just "black" they seem to me to be like a little america in a way)

Finally, its just so GLAMOROUS, while everyone was wishing to go to Paris and Rome, my biggest desire was to go to Egypt and see the amazing things that these people made. And maybe help re-create the beauty and culture to others.
Kenofer
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked The Lost Queen of Egypt by Lucile Morrison out of my local Library 52 years ago. I was hooked and have been ever since. Mostly enjoy reading about 18th Dynasty.

I still read LQOE once each year.
Pharaoh Hatshepsut
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Invisibo Reply with quote

Laughing yeah i know its kinda funny, the name invisibo.... but yeah thats what got me interested in Egypt. My family calls me an Egyptophile because im so obsessed with it, but who couldnt be right?

Anyway, as a kid my siblings and i would sit around this huge box t.v and watch these really cheesey cartoons. this one we watched was called Freakazoid and i really couldn't remember who invisibo was, all i could remember was part of his song, "Where did he go? that invisibo", so i looked it up on youtube and i found the episode. so i watched it and i found out something really kool. even from a child Egypt seemed to be embedded in me cuz i cant remember much else about those times, but get this. Invisibo was a pharaoh, evil, but a Pharaoh none the less. so yeah, the youngest childhood memory i have is of invisibo the Pharaoh..... Smile

Also, who else is loving these pharaoh simlies eh?
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the extravagant lifestyle of the Pharoahs that initially got me interested in AE.
Sobek101
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Awesome Egyptians book
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: How did I get interested in AE? Reply with quote

I tried to post my thoughts on this subject, but apparently I am using too much "illegal" verbage. Please check out my intro page for more.
herper
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my mother got me interested in Egyptology.
Meritamon
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite subject in 6th grade history class. Then we went to the Egyptian Museum in San Jose, CA. After that, I was hooked.
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have been about 8 or 9 when I noticed my mother's little book on Tutankhamun. I couldn't read the book, but I did like the colour photos, especially the blue colour in all the items.
My interest simmered for years and years until I saw Joann Fletcher on tv when she believed she had found Nefertiti. Then the interest simmered again until I was looking for something to study a few years ago. Been hooked ever since and am currently doing an online course (Certificate). I'll be starting the second year in October.
Rudra
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than 30 years ago, I saw the Hollywood film "The Awakening" starring Charlton Heston. The scene where the discover the door to the tomb, in the beginning of the movie, those strange hieroglyphics caught my attention. Then over the next few months, read a story of an English tomb robber who entered the tomb with two local Egyptian laborers. They manage to enter the burial chamber with sarcophagus intact. In the story, the laborers leave to offer their "Namaaz" and this guy gets locked in the burial chamber. Suddenly the sarcophagus opens by itself and the guy is thrown inside it and sarcophagus lid closes. Next we see two ancient Egyptian guards wearing the Nemes headdress staring down at the thief's corpse and saying something like "Serves him right, wanted to spoil the sanctity of this place".

Then later on, I saw a sketch of the Great Sphinx at Giza in my schoolbook, in the chapter on the story of Thutmose IV and Sphinx, this all got me hooked to Ancient Egypt and of course, the mummies and the Pyramids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: