Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is the nose of the Great Sfinx?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karnsculpture wrote:
They don't have the Sphinx's nose in the British Museum, there are fragments of the beard there and at the Cairo Museum:

http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/highlights/highlight_objects/aes/f/fragment_of_the_beard_of_the_g.aspx

I'm glad you pointed that out. I've seen before where people confuse fragments of the beard for the nose.

LOL I was just looking through this old discussion, and it really is an old discussion.

Visit my blog!
neseret
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jake26 wrote:
<snip of absurd claim>. how do i no this. well i have seen them when i did a weeks work experience in november 2000. i no as a fact there are over there to 4000 object that the british museum as in it private collection. that the Egyptian dont even no they have.

Try over 100,000 items in the BM vaults, and indeed the Egyptian authorities are well aware of these items. I have seen the majority of these items for one reason or another over the past 10 years, due to my research and for other coursework. The Sphinx beard is in open display on ground level of the Museum.

IMO, I doubt this person has ever been in the British Museum, much less its vaults.

Doctoral Candidate
Oriental Institute
Oriental Studies
Doctoral Programme [Egyptology]
Oxford University
Oxford, United Kingdom

jake26
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes they do in there private collection that is not on public display.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jake26 wrote:
yes they do in there private collection that is not on public display.

There is no "private collection" in the British Museum London. The Museum is a non-departmental public body sponsored by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport. It is not in private hands.

Like any museum in the world the BM exhibit only a portion of its holdings in public (still alone for reasons of space). The larger part is stored in magazines. However, they are equally available to researchers, like all objects in the museum (English rule after personal information from a friend, an Egyptologist living and working in London).

And like I still said, as long as you can not prove your ridiculous statements, they are not the least valuable and absolutely incredible after all what I know about the BM ...

Lutz
jake26
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes there is. i have seen it. there is loads of stuff that they dont have on public display. because its considered to delicate to have on public display. i no because i saw it when i did a weeks work experance.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jake26 wrote:
yes there is. i have seen it. there is loads of stuff that they dont have on public display. because its considered to delicate to have on public display. i no because i saw it when i did a weeks work experance.

So, "its considered to delicate to have on public display" but not to show it to someone who "did a weeks work experance"? Your story is just ridiculous and completely unbelievable.

Lutz
jake26
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at the end of the day i no what i saw and what i di. i can give you the names of the people i worked with.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jake26 wrote:
at the end of the day i no what i saw and what i di. i can give you the names of the people i worked with.

Feel free to do so, nobody's stopping you here ... But some names alone are of course not a proof for your assertions.

Lutz
jake26
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if you a egyptologist in londondon. i am sure he knows. the head of the egyptology department doctor vivan davis who personal gave me my placement and dr Nigel strudwick. sorry my spelling isnt brilliant
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jake26 wrote:
... the head of the egyptology department doctor vivan davis who personal gave me my placement and dr Nigel strudwick. ...

Every second of the seriously in Egyptology interested knows these names. Everyone who wants can find them and there position via Google or on the webpage of the BM. As I still said, your ridiculous allegations are not proven just by this...

Lutz
jake26
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm well at the end of the day i no its true so really i dont care what you think
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jake26 wrote:
hm well at the end of the day i no its true so really i dont care what you think

And as I notice from the posts here in this thread nobody takes really care of your fairy tales and anonymous slanderous assertions.

Lutz
EgyptianRose
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading through this thread really did give me the giggles.

Kmt_sesh wrote: "Maybe they should consult a plastic surgeon and give the Sphinx a prosthetic?"

Isisinacrisis wrote: "Provided it doesn't end up looking like Michael Jackson".

Thankyou for making my boring day a tad bit more enjoyable.
It is of course the hieght of irony that, after this intensive campaign to expunge them from the annals of Egypt, the Amarna pharaohs are today probably the most recognized of all the country's ancient rulers!

Quote 'Amarna Sunset' by Aidan Dodson.
jake26
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like i said i no what i did. i dont need some self important no it all. to tell me that i did or didn't.
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I remind everyone (yet again) of rule 1.g. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or ban.

That goes for everyone - whether English is your first language or not. You've all hereby been warned. Next one gets a ban.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Sphinx All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: