Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Earliest photographs of Abu Simbel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahmose99
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject: Earliest photographs of Abu Simbel Reply with quote

I have been trying to source the earliest photographs of Abu Simbel we know about. I found one dating to 1939. Are they any other photographs before 1939 and could somebody please assist me if possible. Thanks
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James H. Breasted : Oriental Exploration Fund of the University of Chicago - First Preliminary Report of the Egyptian Expedition. - In: The American Journal of Semitic Languages and Literatures 23-1. - 1906. - pp. 1 - 64.

There is also a collection of photos in the Egyptian Museum here in Berlin (Porter & Moss VII, 1975, p. XXXV : "Berlin photos. In Berlin Museum. Taken by the Preussische Akademie der Wissenschaften zu Berlin."). But I have no idea if they were made before Breasted`s photographs.

Greetings, Lutz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Nubia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: