Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who was the most interesting / important Queen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who was the most interesting / important Queen?
Nefertiti
23%
 23%  [ 8 ]
Ahmose-Nefertari
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Hatshepsut
41%
 41%  [ 14 ]
Cleopatra
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Other
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 34

Styler78
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kleopatrax wrote:
Went for Hatshetsup, although not an esy choice. They all had their own strenghts, but think Hatshetsup is the most interesting and really ruled in her own right.

Welcome to Egyptian Dreams Kleopatrax.

http://styler78hatshepsutproject.blogspot.com/

champeo
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatshepsut. She was a great pharaoh. She built the empire through trad,e not war, which, in turn, brought more peace to Egypt. Along with the fact that she built a lot of monuments, including her famed obelisk.
Montu
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i couldn't stop myself voting for Hatshepsut
LadyOsiris
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleopatra Very Happy
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyOsiris wrote:
Cleopatra Very Happy

Smile I like Cleopatra Thea and Cleopatra Selene I ...
LadyOsiris
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were so many great, beautiful, powerful, intelligant, capable and signifigant Ancient Egyptians queens! It is so hard to put them in a poll and decide which is the best!

Though if I hade to choose which Ancient Egyptians queen's story stood out and moved me it would have to be Cleopatra's Vll! I had always loved Ancient Egypt since I could remember! Though honestly I never really tuely knew much about it! I knew about King Tut, the pyramids, Sphinx and possibly Ramesses ll but I left the rest to my imagination! When I decided to read the story of Cleopatra I automatically became addicted to Ancient Egypt! I hope in the future I will have a career with something to do with Ancient Egypt! wether it's Egyptology or writing about Ancient Egypt! It would be a dream come true either way...

Eventually I decided to do a writing piece on Ancient Egypt (I was twelve) I came across this beautiful story! A story of a beautiful, charamastic, cunning and seductive queen! Who was well educated, brought up by her father Ptolemy Xll Auletes and mother unkown! raised a long side her three sisters Trypheana (The eldest) Bernice, Arsinoe (The youngest of the girls) and two brothers Ptlomey Xlll and Ptolmey XlV!
As most predictable they became rivals for the throne!

Trypheana seized the throne of Egypt while her father went to Rome to ensure his position on Egypt's throne! Ptolemy ofcourse was outraged in receiving the news! Though Trypheana's rule was short lived and she was overthrown and executed by her sister Bernice! Though as turned out over throwing her sister was not such a wise idea as first thought! Bernice herself was overthrown and executed by Ptolomeys Auletes followers!
Ptolomey Auletes restored his reign at the end of the day! Though the day was not yet at a end....
Ptolomey Auletes died in the Spring of 51 B.C! Ptolomeys will stated that Cleopatra Vll at the age of 18 would marry her 10 year old brother Ptolomey Xlll and rule together!

Though unfortunately for Cleopatra a "flood" of unforunate events ( the first two years of Cleopatra's rule, no flood had occured and famine struck Egypt, which made the citizens of Egypt hate Cleopatra and disaprove of her.) forced her to flee her palace in Alexandria. Though as everyone knows Cleopatra won the throne of Egypt by Seducing Ceaser and over throwing Ptolomey! Then after Ceasers death seducing another powerful Roman leader Marcus Antonius! She bore children to both Ceaser and Antonius!

Tragedly Marcus Antonius took his own life believing that Cleopatra was dead! Cleopatra then herself took her own life believed to have been poisoned by a snake!

Tragic, wonderful, romatics, mezmorising story of a unforgettable and powerful queen! Smile
Nefertiabet
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a really tough one! All of the women mentioned were amazing in their own ways...but in the end I went with my heart and voted for Nefertiti. Admittedly we don't know as much about her as anyone would think (being Great Royal Wife to the Heretic King Akhenaten, mother to his six (!) daughters, and clearly a person of power and influence at Amarna. I'm also intrigued by the mystery surrounding her sudden "disappearance" from the scene--it's like one minute she's the powerful, beloved Great Royal Wife, then suddenly she's gone. What happened to her?

I love nothing more than a great mystery, and I think the abrupt disappearance of Nefertiti and Akhenaten (not to mention all their daughters except Ankhensenamun who married King Tut but later disappeared mysteriously herself) is extremely intriguing. IIRC the remains of Akhenaten have recently been identified (nothing short of a not-so-minor-miracle IMHO!), but where are his wives and daughters? Including the second wife, Kiya, and the ever-elusive Smenkhare? scratch (Whoever he was!! dontknow )

I love a mystery as I said, but so many mysteries in one family is enough to drive one to #Beer lol!

And I have to admit--Nefertiti was gorgeous too! Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: