Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KV62 Sentinel Statues Functions Considered
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- The references establish a reference system
with twelve positions around the chamber and three hours
along each wall.

-Along the north wall from east to west were the sections
1 = (east part), 2 = (center), 3 = (west part)

The sequence continues:
4, 5, 6 - along west wall
7, 8, 9 - along south wall
10, 11, 12/0- along east wall
maat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The oars and statues can be regarded as mystical elements but inform about a technical system in the chamber. The 'magic' oars are technical reference elements, not mystical.
maat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maat wrote:
............ west

.... _6_ _5_ _4_
7 [______< __] 3
8 [ burial chbr ] 2 north
9 >____>____] 1
..... __...__...__

............ east

This is a quick (simplified) example of information in the burial chamber.

Above is a very rough diagram of the original reference system.
(The format doesn't take spaces so I've used dots and lines to space the
elements. the numbers are to be considered as along walls of the burial chamber.)

The following explains the relationship of sentinel statues in the antechamber of the tomb with oars and hours in the burial chamber.

- The statues at doorway in the antechamber inform to turn to right inside the burial chamber, do not go left. They establish an anti-clockward directional order.

- There are 11 oars in the burial chamber and 12 hours of night.

- Only 11 oars to signify intervals and hours because hour 12 is also hour zero that an oar does represent very well.

- The north wall mural has 3 parts to suggest 3 hours per wall.

- The Annex doorway was open, never blocked, a zero space to represent the zero hour, was aligned with the 11 oars.

- 12 hours are 12 positional intervals between 13 points.

- These references and directional order can be missed if indications of the two statues are not followed.

I created the following pdf
Positional Hours System (pdf)
to help provide a clearer visual example for my attempt to explain a Positional Hours Reference system in the burial chamber of Tutankhamun.
maat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried earlier in this thread to explain a composition that was in the rubble fill that Howard Carter found inside the entrance doorway in the passage corridor of the tomb of Tutankhamun.

I think that I can now give a better explanation with some images that should help to clarify my earlier attempt that used only text to try to explain.

I created the following pdf with images to help show the meanings of my explanation. I hope it will be helpful.

Composition In KV62 Rubble Fill (pdf)
Fof
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The human mind is very clever at seeing things that it wants to see, in random points/objects.
In your pdf you state, quote "Observe in the montage that arrangement of the fill material (various stones, etc.) effectively produces a composite
image that appears to be a face with eyes (but no mouth)."
If you look at the attached image, cropped from your pdf, yes, I can see a face, very feline, with 2 eyes, a mouth with the tongue poking out, 2 ears, and a winged pectoral, the whole thing reminding me of images from mesoamerican pyramids. No, I do not say that to give you any more hairbrained ideas
I am sorry to say this, and it will probably get me censored or banned, but you really need to get a life.
maat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fof wrote:
The human mind is very clever at seeing things that it wants to see, in random points/objects.

I agree and am well aware about apophenia and pareidolia.
I have even cautioned about risks of false perceptions in my posts.
Quote:
In your pdf you state, quote "Observe in the montage that arrangement of the fill material (various stones, etc.) effectively produces a composite image that appears to be a face with eyes (but no mouth)."

Yes.
Quote:
If you look at the attached image, cropped from your pdf, yes, I can see a face, very feline, with 2 eyes, a mouth with the tongue poking out, 2 ears, and a winged pectoral, the whole thing reminding me of images from mesoamerican pyramids. No, I do not say that to give you any more hairbrained ideas

First, I described the full original image that I included.
You are presenting a part that is cropped from my full original image.

Next, I had observed the image that you describe and did not specifically mention it but am glad that you also perceive it.
Is it pareidolia to recognize a face with a mouth and tongue? It is possible.
There are subtleties in the composition that you will have to discern and validate or reject for yourself. I cannot see for you or anyone else.

My (uncropped fuller image) shows what I observe and describe to be a face with no mouth. It's my observation of an abstract image (in similar sense as a person can identify a line-drawing of a smiley-face as the representation of a face).

I recommend the book Art and Illusionists by Nicholas Wade.
[Wade, Nicholas. Art and Illusionists. Switzerland ; New York: Springer, 2016.]

Wade with optical scientists examines "the art and science of vision."
"Painters plumb the art of observation itself whereas scientists peer into the processes of perception. Both visual artists and scientists have produced patterns that perplex our perceptions and present us with puzzles".

The book can help to recognize and understand certain compositions and their complexities.
Quote:
I am sorry to say this, and it will probably get me censored or banned, but you really need to get a life.

You seem to be upset because you perceived the image of a face with a tongue sticking out of it in ancient rubble. I see no reason to be upset.
What you see is either a factually composed image or imaginary.

People perceive things differently.
Artistic movements like impressionism, cubism and surrealism are real as also are anamorphosis and trompe l'oeil techniques that are very long-established.

Not all compositions are realistically painted images and not all composed images are easily recognized.
maat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(continued)

I think it is also important to consider that the ancient Egyptians (unless they had the equivalent of today's television) had a few centuries if not millennia to develop and refine their artistic techniques and abilities to perceive.

Unless there is some yet-to-be-discovered ancient Egyptian image-display and power system, then the planners who designed things to survive and be accessible for thousands of years based their designs to work with natural lighting.

Sunlight changes and can produce different effects. Compositions can be designed to present different subtleties under different light conditions.

If the ancient Egyptians built their 'tombs' to last for thousands of years, where did they most likely put information to tell about what is inside, how to access it and more (without putting up a neon sign for potential robbers to read that "You are Here and the Pharaoh is Really Here")?

It is something to be considered.
Fof
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You seem to be upset because you perceived the image of a face with a tongue sticking out of it in ancient rubble. I see no reason to be upset.

No. Not upset. This one stuck out like a sore thumb, but I could "see" at least 3 or 4 other imaginary "faces".
One other point. What are the odds that Burton should take a photograph, the edge of which is the EXACT centre line of your supposed security feature.
I would hazard a guess as somewhere between 100 million:1 and infinity:1.
maat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fof wrote:
This one stuck out like a sore thumb, but I could "see" at least 3 or 4 other imaginary "faces".

I also see some others as well as other things.
I don't instantly trust what I see but take note and ignore them until I can validate or understand their significance in context of the tomb.

There are (or were)many affirmative and confirmatory references inside the tomb.

The composition that was in the fill contained informative detail with relevant application in the tomb.
Quote:

One other point. What are the odds that Burton should take a photograph, the edge of which is the EXACT centre line of your supposed security feature.
I would hazard a guess as somewhere between 100 million:1 and infinity:1.

I think skepticism is good and necessary especially in this case.

Whatever the probabilities were, Burton took a photograph of a feature (the composition in the fill) that was meant to attract attention and successfully did attract attention when doorway was unblocked.

Information in this case that is observed in the composition was affirmed and confirmed by references inside the tomb. I recommend to follow the references because they are (or were) there when the tomb was discovered.

Fortunately, Burton also unknowingly took photographs that contain guidance and diagrams for the tomb.

Of course, the tomb has to be studied to learn how to read its references.
There was method and order in the apparent disarray that Carter observed in the tomb.
Fof
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you and my son would get on really well.
Do you believe the earth is flat, as well?
maat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fof wrote:
I think you and my son would get on really well.
Do you believe the earth is flat, as well?

Ptolemy said geocentric.
Copernicus said heliocentric.
The Church forced Galileo to recant.
Meanwhile and always, what exists to be known is there to be learned.

Fortunately, the record about the tomb of Tutankhamun (and ancient Egypt)
exists to be studied and it will yield all that a person can understand to be
learned from it.

Reality is a persistent illusion (to paraphrase Albert Einstein) and
Ancient Egypt contains constructed illusions that require careful study to unveil the underlying realities they contain.

I can only recommend to consider, observe and study what exists.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: