Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

controversial Considerations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maat
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maat wrote:

Table (Paddle Shapes, Projections, Assigned Value)

Oar _ Shape_ Projection (L or R) --> value 0/1
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
182 - square - ? present --> (present) = + 1
183 - square - "missing" --> (missing) = - 0
184 - square - / ( left ) - - > ( present) = + 1
185 - square - / ( left ) --> (square) = + 1
186 - curved - "separated", "off" --> (curved) = - 0
187 - square - "missing" --> (square) = +1
188 - square - \ (right) --> \ = - 0
189 - square - / ( left ) --> / = +1
190 - square - \ (right) --> \ = - 0
191 - ( ? ? ? ) - ? (left?) --> / = + 1 {not clear}
192 - ( ? ? ? ) - ? "loose", "refastened"

I made an error In the table shown above (Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:27 am) .

In the table,  I incorrectly noted "? present" for the projection related to oar number 182.

Carter clearly noted the projection as "missing" from the oar. [Carter 182]

I found this error to be confusing in looking back at the table and trying to follow the logic that produced the value of "+1" for oar 182.

I had put a question mark to question if the projection had been included because oar 182 is outside the frame of Harry Burton's photograph of the oars in Tutankhamun’s burial chamber.

Carter's note card for oar 182 informs that the protrusion was in fact missing.

So,  I questioned myself about how I had obtained the value +1 for the oar and realized that I had used Carter's note card for the reference but did not correctly update the table.

Oar number 182 has an eye painted in yellow on one side of its paddle which eye is the key reference that I used to establish the +1 value.

The eye is a key reference that (like an instruction) informs for the observer to Look, visually observe and scrutinize the oars.

Because the eye is on the leading oar in the set of eleven oars, the instructive guidance it provides pertains to the context of the set of oars.

Carter considered in his notes (Carter 182) if the eye painted on the oar might indicate it a to be the steering oar (rudder). I identify the rudder is by exceptional shape oar 186 which had the only "separated" projection among all the oars.

In scrutinizing the oars (as they were on the floor in the burial chamber), the observer can recognize that only three oars (182, 183 and 187) are missing their attachments (projections) as recorded by Carter.

The oar (182) with the painted eye on its paddle informs to look and the eye is also a symbolic grouping reference that indicates collectively to regard all oars with a missing projection as being similar to oar 182.

Oar 182 with the painted eye  has the value of +1 which informs that oars 183 and 187 must also be assigned the same value (and be regarded a if they also have a painted eye on their paddles).

The crude table that I provided did not note the painted eye for oar 182 and did not make the relationships clear.

The table with correction for oar 182 should be as follows.

182 - square - [missing] --> (has yellow eye) = + 1
183 - square - "missing" --> (missing) = - 0
184 - square - / ( left ) - - > ( present) = + 1
185 - square - / ( left ) --> (square) = + 1
186 - curved - "separated", "off" --> (curved) = - 0
187 - square - "missing" --> (square) = +1
188 - square - \ (right) --> \ = - 0
189 - square - / ( left ) --> / = +1
190 - square - \ (right) --> \ = - 0
191 - ( ? ? ? ) - ? (left?) --> / = + 1 {not clear}
192 - ( ? ? ? ) - ? "loose", "refastened" 
maat
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, my correction in the preceding post needs corrections.

I should have simply corrected oar 182 in the table without going into explanation because how I arrived at the final results in the table is a bit more involved..

There are other oars with "separated" projections than 186 but oar 186 is the only oar with a curved paddle in Burton's photo that has also a separated projection.

Oar 183 with its "missing" projection has a value of zero which is an exception that I will have to review my notes to find how I arrived at that value instead of +1 (but zero is correct for 183).

The constructed reference is self-affirming (although I don't explain how, it is there).

The Ogdoad structure serves as an informative guiding reference.

182. (+1) pairs with 187 (+1) Ogdoad
183.pairs with 188 Ogdoad
184. pairs with 189 Ogdoad
185 pairs with. 190 Ogdoad
186 steering oar is neutral like Nun or produced like Atum who is preceded by the Ogdoad deities..
191 and 192 relate to a hidden pairing in the Ogdoad.

I don't recall from memory how I arrived at zero but oar 183 with the value of zero when looked at in this Ogdoad structure makes sense.

Many constructed references are structured to relate to or represent a key reference that is persistent through millennia like the Ennead and Ogdoad -- the gods that simply take different forms.

They can even be oars.
maat
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider the Ogdoad in a boating analogy.

The Ogdoad deities are like four pairs of oarsmen (the deities) who row the boat forward while the helmsman in the rear (aft) position who steers the boat is like Atum.

So, the myths about the Ogdoad preceding Atum are not contradictory to the myths of the Ennead that have Ra as the primary created deity.

The Ogdoad and Ennead are simply different representations of one underlying fundamental conception.

Ra leads and Atum leads from seemingly different positions but both lead the deities.

So, the oars in the tomb of Tutankhamun represent both the Ogdoad and the Ennead.
maat
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am posting this to share an observation of hieroglyphs that occur within the Imitation Folding Stool (Carter Object No. 83).

The following link (a slide presentation) will likely be temporary.

KV62 Imitation Folding Stool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: