Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum hijacked by spammers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Serket72
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject: Forum hijacked by spammers? Reply with quote

Sadly, it looks as if this forum has been hijacked by spammers. Is there nothing the moderator(s) can do about it?
karnsculpture
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there are sufficient checks made on new members to avoid it at present.
irt-akhu
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pm'ed the forum moderator a few months ago when another person trying to sell shoes invaded the forum. The mod deleted those posts, but these scammers seem to come back every couple of months.
Ikon
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes it is not new members, but old ones. For instance, about two years ago there was some very heavy spamming by two posters, but both had been dormant members for quite some years. I suspect we are probably looking at just one person responsible for all this, a person likely banned on this forum multiple times under other names for trolling, or just posting utter nonsense. The heavy spamming a few years back started almost as soon as a troll named "M" was banned here, though I think still active on other forums going by posting style. A lot of damage can be done over a long period in many places by just one poisonous individual.

There's another forum at the moment being trolled by a long time dormant member who resurected their account after having a ban on a third forum, for trolling. They're just cockroaches, IMO.
Serket72
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of spam messages posted to the forum today by the look of it Sad
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

Unfortunately I don't have as much time to dedicate to this forum as I used to so spam messages will inevitably appear from time to time. I remove them when I can but it can take a while.

If you notice any spam please message me. That way I'll get a notification so I'm aware there is spam that needs sorting.

Many thanks for your patience and continued use of this forum.

Kevin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: